Chapter 22- Shopping

Shopping

Kalani 🐚

Today I was sent home. I was only in the hospital for 3 days.

I could tell Kai was itching to do something other than watching movies but I literally wasn't capable of doing anything else.

"Kalani can you come here please?" My mom called from the kitchen.

Kai lifted her brow at me.

"I don't know what she wants," I shrugged.

"Yeah?" I made my way to the living room, where Michael and Kai's moms sat.

"Oh! Hi," I smiled.

"Honey we are so glad you are okay!" Kai's mom stood and approached me.

She gave me a big hug and smiled.

"Yes sweetie! Aaron told us! Michael was very worried!" Laura informed me.

I held the urge to roll my eyes. "Yeah. It was pretty scary," I took a deep breath.

"Oh yes."

"I'm sure!"

The women agreed.

"Well- I'm gonna go back," I pointed to my bedroom.

"Oh you go on, Kalani," Kai's mom waved me off and I made my way back.

Kai was spread out across my bed.

"So weird," I mumbled to myself.

"What?" She perked up.

"Well for one, your mom and Laura are in my living room," I said.

"Uh what?" She sat up and peeked out my door. "And two?" She asked.

"Well Laura said that Michael freaked out when Aaron told him about my accident."

"Huh," she laughed sarcastically and crossed her arms over her chest.

"What?"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me," she stared at me blankly.

"I just did?" I chuckled.

"No. About his girlfriend."

"Ooh," I winced. "You see... I was going too but then I just wanted to drop it. You probably would've went off on him and I just decided it wasn't worth it."

"Well that's for me to decide," she argued.

"Yeah I guess you're right. I'm sorry. Wait. How did you find out?" I asked.

"When I came home from the hospital the first day... I saw Michael walking his dog and I approached him about leaving with Alana-"

"Oh no!" I interrupted her and face palmed myself.

"-he said that he didn't really have a choice and he wasn't going to do anything with her because he has a girlfriend."