Chapter 15- Heartbreak

Heartbreak

Kai🌺

Lani started running away and I wasn't sure whether to chase after her, hit Michael, or slap Alana. I honestly want to do them all but I could only do one.

"Go after Kalani, Kai. I can handle this." Aaron pointed to Alana and Michael.

I ran after Kalani. I chased her until we were very far away from the shore. She sat down in the tall grass in the sand and puts her head in her hands. I sit down next her and don't say a word for a little bit. I know that's what she wants me to do. She knows I'm there but I'm not pressuring her to talk, I wait for her to speak.

Lani leans over and nudges my shoulder. "This sucks. Why did I have to go and get my heart involved in complicated situations."

"Maybe because you're Kalani and you do that a lot." I laughed at her and poke her side.

"He better not go out with Alana."

"How about this? I will talk to Aaron and have him talk to Michael and have him report back to me."

"How are you going to do that Kai? He doesn't have your number to do that."

"Well I will just have to give him my number now won't I."

"But he will probably keep bothering you. Like I said he likes you I can tell." She raised her eyebrows up and down at me. "Now who is k-I-s-s-I-n-g in a tree."

"Shut up Kalani!" I slapped her on the arm jokingly, giving her a smile. "You know I don't like him like that, he's a player and you know how I feel about those type of guys."

"What if he changes?"

"Then maybe I would consider- what am I saying I still won't. Now get up let's go back to the beach."

I stand up then hold my hand out so I can pull Kalani up too. We walked back to the spot where everything went down. To find just Aaron standing there.

"Hey guys." He said with a forced smile.

"Where's Michael?" I really didn't want to know but I thought I should ask just in case I needed to beat him up.

"Uh. He left... with that girl. He gave me his keys so I could take you girls home when you're ready."

"That asshole- jerk wad! I'm going to kill him!" I was so angry no one could calm me down at this point.

"Calm down Kai! I'm fine okay. I'm fine," Lani tried to calm me down but it didn't work very well.

I grabbed my surfboard and strapped the Velcro strap around my ankle and jumped into the water and paddled out. That was the only thing I knew to do that would calm my mind and my eager fists. I get a wave and stand up. I was going to try out one of the surf tricks I learned from YouTube. It's called a kick flip. I had to turn my board 360 degrees while being airborne and stick the landing.

It's a very difficult maneuver but I was pretty sure I could handle it. I get my board in the air and start getting it to spin. I get half way and then I fall. When I fall I get caught in the wave and it rolls me. I swim as hard as I can to get out of it but I can't. I started to black out from the lack of air and getting tossed around when someone pulls me out. I gasped for air and hold back on to my board, praying to the Lord, thankful that it did not break.

"What the hell do you think you were doing!" I got busted. Not even by Kalani, it was Aaron.

He yelled to Lani "she's okay!" He cupped his mouth to make his voice project more over the waves.

I was still holding on my board almost done catching my breath.

"Are you okay?" He had asked me that at least five times now.

"Yes I'm fine! It happens Aaron. You should know, you're a surfer and you can't ride every wave perfectly." I told him very sternly.

"You're crazy you know that."

I got back on my board so I could paddle back into shore. "Damn right I am."

With that, I left him so I could go back to Kalani and tell her I really am okay.

"Oh my gosh Kai!" She ran up to me and gave me a big hug.

"Careful! I'm fine but I don't want you crushing my bones," I joked.

"You're an-"

"Idiot I know. Aaron already told me that." I pointed my thumb back in his direction.

"If I never tried anything new though Kalani I wouldn't be the good surfer I am today. Yes I did get caught in the wave but thankfully you guys were here. That's why you don't go surfing alone." I made her release me from our hug and I smiled at her.

"Come on guys let's get you home. I think we all have had enough drama for one day." Aaron puts his arms around our shoulders while we grabbed the surf boards. Of course he makes us do all the hard work, carrying these things. We piled our boards into the back and jump in the jeep. I got to sit in the passenger seat because of Michael not being there. Plus I called shot gun first.

The drive home was quite, the silence wasn't awkward though. It was a relaxing quite, all I heard was the wind through my hair. Which was going to be a tangled mess by the time I got home. Five minutes later we arrived at Lani's house. Not sure why Aaron went there first but whatever.

"By Lani see you later!" I yelled, blowing her a kiss goodbye.

"How cute!" Aaron said in a high pitched voice.

"Jerk." I replied, hitting him.

"Hey I saved your life today, there is a thank you due that I haven't heard yet."

"Just start the car."

He listened to me for once in his life and started the car. He got to my house (5 seconds later) and I got out, getting my board from the back. I paused next to the drives side of the car.

"Do you have a pen or a marker?"

"Why?"

"Just look for one." I rolled my eyes at him.

He digs around a bit but finally finds a pen.

"Now close your eyes."

"Uhh... I'm not doing that."

"Just close them." He looked at me questioningly but does it anyways.

I grabbed his arm and wrote my number on his wrist. I smiled a little. I walked up to my front door and yelled, "you can open your eyes now!" I quickly ran inside not wanting to hear one of his smart comments. I couldn't believe I just gave Aalona my number.