Chapter 7- The Start of Something

The Start of Something

Kai🌺

The boys drove us home, stopping at Kalani's house first because she had more stuff then I did. I told the boys I could walk to my house from hers but they wouldn't let me so I helped Kalani take in her stuff. The surfboard I gave her was very beautiful and totally Kalani. I gave her a hug goodbye in the doorway and went back to the jeep. We drove the 5 seconds to my house and I crawled out of the backseat, looking oh-so hot while doing it. I grabbed my stuff and went up to my front porch.

"Thanks for the ride Michael!" I yelled so he could hear me over the car running. I debated
whether or not to yell to Aaron too.

"Thanks Aaron for getting the board for me. I know Kalani really likes it!" Yep. I decided to yell to him.

Michael yelled back to me,"you're welcome Kai! See you around!" With that, he pulled out of my driveway and headed to his house across the street. Aaron must've planned to stay over the night or something.

I walked into my house and headed straight to my room to put my stuff down. Once I got it all situated I went outside onto my back porch. My mom was sitting at the small table we had out there.

"How was the festival sweetie?" She looked up from reading her book.

"It was good. We saw Michael there...and his cousin Aaron," his name sounded sour in my mouth; what a jerk. I was over him getting that surfboard for Lani.

"Oh! Laura told me that Michael had a cousin who lives here! They seem to be really close."

"Yeah. I think they are too. Well I think I'm just going to go get my suit on and hit the waves for a little bit before it gets too late."

"Okay honey. Be careful," she says with concern in her voice.

"I always am mom," I kissed her on the check and went into my room to change.

I changed into a grey bikini that was outlined in white and navy blue. It was a good suit to surf in, especially for a bikini. I grabbed my board and headed out the back door to the beach. My mom wasn't outside anymore so I assumed she must have gone in to watch t.v or something.

I laid down on my board and paddled out far so I could see the waves coming in. The sun was starting to set. It was the most perfect time to surf. The tides were changing, and the waves were getting bigger. I loved this moment. Up ahead I saw and felt a good wave coming. I turned my board around and started to paddle to get ahead of it a bit so I could catch it. I stood up on my board and started ripping the wave. I loved feeling the power and connection to it- I know I sound bazaar but there is nothing quite like it.

I came up onto the shore to see two people watching me. Well that's not creepy at all. They started to walk over to me and at this point I was a little scared. I mean I'm a young girl who's in a bikini, and it's almost dark out now, and it looks like they were two guys. I kinda started to panic a little, but on the outside I made it seem all cool. They reached to where I was standing but I had my back side turned to them, making it seem I was really interested in looking at the ocean and waves.

"Hey you're pretty good! Where did you learn to surf like that?" One of the guys said. I turned around and see Michele and Aaron. It was Aaron who said it. I couldn't help but notice they both seemed surprised to see it was me.

"Oh wow. Hi guys. But thanks. My parents were surfers and I've been surfing since I was 5."

"Kai? We didn't know that was you. You looked great out there... but what do I know, I don't surf," Michael said with a little shock in his voice.

"Yeah, well I didn't know you were you guys until I turned around. I thought you were some creepy perverted guys here to kidnap me."

"There's that humor of yours," Michael said. All the while Aaron was quiet, I'm pretty sure he was checking me out.

"Like what you see?" I said looking at Aaron who was staring at my legs.

"Matter of fact, I do," he said giving me a wink.

"You're pathetic. See you later Michael," I said while walking away from them. I heard them talking back and forth in hushed whispers. Probably had something to do about Aaron- AKA jerk face- checking me out and being rude.

I got back to my house and wiped my board off then brought it inside to my room. I got a random shirt and capri leggings out of my drawer and went to shower and change. When I was done I brushed my teeth and went to go lay in my bed. I texted Kalani.

Me: Guess who I saw at the beach creepily watching me surf!!!

Lani: I don't know... who? Alana?

Me: Lol. You are too funny. No it wasn't Alana. It was Michael and jerk face.

Lani: Jerk face? You mean Aaron?

Me: Yeah him. He said I was a pretty good surfer. Whatever that means?

Lani: It probably means you're a good surfer.

Me: Whatever. I'm going to bed. You want to have breakfast together tomorrow?

Lani: Of course. What time?

Me: 8:30.

Lani: See you then! Night.

I plugged my phone into my charger and layed back down and as soon as I hit the pillow I was out.

The next morning I woke up at 8 which was plenty of time to get ready considering I took a shower last night so I didn't have too this morning. I picked out a cute white dress with blue flowers. It was a spaghetti strap dress which I decided to wear white sandals with. I'm not a big heels person. I felt the need to dress a little cute today, I get those feelings sometimes not sure why though.

As soon as 8:20 hit I get in my car and drive to Lani's house. I remember her threat about walking somewhere again. I get out of the car and walk in through the front door. Lani must have unlocked it for me. I walk into her room to see her dressed in light brown shirt that has crossing strings in the front, white short overalls and brown sandals on.

"Aloha! Ready to go?"

"Yep. Lets go." Kalani shouts to her mom that we were leaving and shut the front door behind her.

We both hopped in my car and I started driving to the small diner that we had in town called Sally's.