Chapter Seventy Five

*Spock's POV*

Something had changed.

I struggled to open my eyes, but although my mind was conscious my body was not. I could not move or speak, or even lift an eyelid.

I tried to open my other senses as much as possible, trying to figure out what was happening.

I was no longer lying on the cold, hard floor of my cell, that much was obvious. I was being moved, but carried, not dragged.

The arms holding me were soft and warm, and achingly familiar.

"We're almost there, you're safe, I won't let them take you again." A voice whispered soothingly and my mind was immediately at peace.

My T'hy'la hadn't given up, he had found us.

Unless this wasn't real...... No. Jim's warmth was too real, it can not just be in my head.

Either this is actually happening or I am dead, and if this is what death feels like, then I am completely okay with that.

"Incoming! They're shooting!"

Jim's pace suddenly changed and he jerked to the side just as I heard several shots hit.

He began running and I was jolted with every step. Pain shot through my body, and I felt my mind being swept below consciousness again.

.................

"Is he going to be okay?" A calm voice asked and I panicked, realising I wasn't in Jim's arms anymore.

As my mind slowly became more aware I felt a warm pressure on my hand and relaxed. It was okay, he was still here.

"Hard to tell. I haven't found anything that could be life threatening, but we won't know until we get him back to earth and a real medical facility. I have found a drug in his system, it mostly seems to have affected his mind but it seems to be very short term, he is already showing signs of recovering from the effects. He still might be out for a few days."

I managed to open my eyes with a considerable amount of difficulty and pain, but the sight that met me was well worth it.

Jim was slumped in the chair next to the bio bed I was laying on, holding my hand tightly and fast asleep.

"What of Carol Marcus?"

There was a heavy silence and I felt a sick feeling in my stomach, she had to be okay.....

"She was too far gone when she arrived. I'm sorry, there was nothing I could do."

"I understand, it wasn't your fault doctor."

I tuned them out, not wanting to hear anymore. Instead I focused on my beautiful T'hy'la, he looked so peaceful when he slept.

I had managed to open my eyes, but the rest of my body remained maddeningly unresponsive.

I tried to banish my annoyance, focusing all my willpower on moving my fingers.

It took several long minutes, but eventually they twitched.

I doubled my efforts, and before long I had curled them around Jim's.