Chapter Sixty Eight

*Spock's POV*

I was at the north side of the academy by 0300.

A tall man in a dark hoodie was waiting for me, leaning against a hover car and smoking something that smelled foul.

I stood, examining him for a moment before he noticed me.

"Oi, you Spock?" He asked roughly and I nodded. "I am Spock," I confirmed verbally, for if he missed my nod.

"Boss is expecting you. Get in." He opened the door and I got in, picturing Jim's smile as I was driven away.

I'm sorry, my T'hy'la

.................

We traveled for approximately 2.64 hours before the vehicle stopped and I was ushered out again.

There were two more men here, and they held me down while the third ran his hands over me roughly, pulling out my communicator and phaser.

It was a such a violent reminder of Stonn's treatment that I flinched, drawing a laugh from one of the men holding me.

"Aww, he's scared. You sure he's the right one? Doesn't seem very Vulcan to me."

The other one that was waiting when we arrived laughed while the one who collected me scowled.

"He's the one. Now get him inside with the other one. I'll go see what the boss wants done with him."

As soon as he was out of hearing range the two began imitating him with high pitched voices, clearly laughing at him.

When they were done they dragged me into the small building and down several flights of stairs, before stopping outside what looked like a heavy metal door.

One of the men pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door, pushing it open with a grunt.

"Chain him up there," the man with they keys gestured vaguely and I was pulled over to a wall, next to what looked like another person in a heap on the floor.

My hands were chained above my head and my feet to the ground. I did not struggle, there was no point.

"Oi, bitch! Wake up."

The person on the floor raised their head, and with the dim light coming through the open door I saw without much surprise it was Carol Marcus.

Even without much light I could see how terrified she was, and how much pain she appeared to be in.

Due to her history with my T'hy'la I have never been particularly fond of her, but I would never wish this upon anyone.

She looked past them to me and her eyes widened as she let out a whimper.

"What, you're not going to say hello to Spocky?" One of the men teased and they both laughed.

"What, you wanna tell him who the boss is?" The other one added and I stiffened, she knew who they were.

Than another terrible thought occurred to me, if she knew who they were, they were not planning on letting her out alive.

"He's in here boss," I glanced up sharply as two more people walked in.

One was the man from before, however the other stayed in the shadows so I could not see who they were, only that they were quite tall.

"Spock,"

Something was distorting the voice so I could not recognise it, or even know if they were male or female.

"What will we do with you," they sighed and the man who collected me grinned.

"I'm more than willing to slit his throat if you don't want to get your hands dirty boss."

"Now that's a good idea," one of the other guys cracked his knuckles while the third guy shifted uncomfortably, but he did not say anything.

The boss looked as if they were considering this, but then they shook their head.

"No, look at him. He has completely given up, he is ready to die. No, I'll keep him alive. I want him to watch as I win Jim's heart, I want him to watch us together as I had to watch them together. I want him to see how happy Jim is with me."

"Alright boss," the first man shrugged while the other two exchanged uneasy looks.

"They can't stay here, the girl has already been here too long. I want them off Earth, Spock must be kept alive - I don't really care what happens to the girl. Apart from that do what you like with them."

With that the boss left, leaving Carol and I to the three men's mercy.

"Pity isn't it," the man who agreed to the idea of killing me murmured, striding over to stand in front of me and putting a knife to my throat. "It would be so easy...."

I stared right into his eyes, refusing to even blink, to do anything that might make him think I was afraid.

"Enough Karl! Boss said not to kill him. Jared, get the girl up to the car. We'll bring the Vulcan." The first guy ordered and the quiet one, Jared, began unchaining Carol.

He picked her up easily and took her up the stairs.

"C'mon Thomas," Karl hissed, "when I joined I was promised blood."

Thomas shrugged as he deftly unchained me and began dragging me back up the stairs.

"Wait until we get to the next place - you can kill the girl if you really want to. We don't need her."

I was thrown back into the hover car next to Carol, Thomas and Jared got in the front while Karl waited outside.

"Clean this place up, then meet us there, got it?" Karl nodded and the hover car began to move.

"Carol, who is the boss?" I whispered, leaning as close to her as I could get.

Carol shook her head, tears streaming down her face. She let out a quiet whimper, opening her mouth slightly as if she wanted to speak, but couldn't.

I flinched back, disgusted as I finally understood what Karl and Jared had been laughing atand why she had not said anything yet.

They had cut her tongue out.