Chapter Forty Seven

*Spock's POV*

"Spock, please, wake up love"

My eyes flew open and I flinched away from the concerned face hovering over me.

"Sorry," Jim backed away a little, eyeing me warily. "I didn't mean to startle you, are you alright?"

I relaxed and quickly assessed my physical and mental condition with growing confusion, taking note of my accelerated heart rate and heavy breathing.

"I believe so. What-" My query died on my lips and I shrank back as flashes of my nightmare came back.

Fear, humiliation, nausea and pain, so much pain. My body ached and his mind pierced my mind relentlessly, cutting, bruising, breaking.

"It was only a nightmare, I'm here, you're safe." Jim muttered and slowly reached a hand out, palm up, and lay it a few inches away from my trembling fingers.

I couldn't stop myself flinching again and Jim stayed completely still, his eyes fixed on me.

I closed my eyes and tried to shake the memories with little success. "It was Stonn" I admitted quietly, drawing a sharp breath in.

I sensed Jim tensing and opened my eyes. He only looked angry for a second, then his eyes softened again and filled with pain and sadness.

"What can I do?" He asked softly and I gazed down at his still outstretched hand, remembering with sharp clarity how my skin burned when Stonn touched me.

I remembered the sick pleasure he acquired by making me squirm, how every little touch caused unbearable agony.

With this in mind I lightly ran my fingers over Jim's palm, feeling only his warm skin and the absolute affection and acceptance radiating from him.

"Could you please hold me?"I requested shyly and he let out a relieved breath.

"Of course, Spock."

He shuffled closer and wrapped his fingers around mine, lifting his arm so that I could crawl into his safe embrace.

I rested my head on his chest and sighed deeply at the familiar sound of his heart as his arms drew me closer.

"Do you want to talk about it at all? Or do you want to try to go back to sleep?"

"Can we talk about it another time?" I pleaded softly and he quickly agreed. "Of course, we don't have to ever talk about it if you don't want to - but I'm always here if you want to get it off your chest."

"Thank you," I muttered as he rubbed my hand and back soothingly. I had thought that further sleep would be impossible, however Jim's comforting warmth quickly lured me back into unconsciousness.

..................

The memories of my nightmare followed me the next day as I walked among the sea of unfamiliar faces.

Few recognised me so I was generally ignored, however some did recognise me and shot me looks of contempt. Whereas some others who didn't know me simply nodded politely as I passed.

Before long I found myself in a quieter area and carefully took a seat under a tree, my solitude allowing me to bask in the sun without embarrassment.

The moment didn't last long however and I straightened up into my usual, rigid posture as I heard footsteps approaching.

"Vulcan"

I was expecting the first kick, but the force of it still sent me sprawling backwards.

My shoulder hit the ground awkwardly and I felt a cut over my ribs opening with the bruising force.

"What the fuck!?!" a different, unfamiliar voice came from a distance and I squinted up in time to see the blonde male swing around to face the newcomer.

"Leave, this is none of your business!" The boy snarled and the dark haired male stepped into view, frowning heavily.

"Well, it doesn't look like very pleasant business, so why don't you fuck off?" he growled and the blonde lunged at him.

I slowly pushed myself into sitting position as they argued, ignoring the burn of my shoulder and the warm, wet blood running over my bruised ribs.

When I looked up again the newcomer had the blonde in a headlock and was saying something under his breath.

Due to the loss of colour in the blondes face I assumed it was threatening.

The newcomer released the blonde, who scrambled away without a backwards glance.

The newcomer walked over slowly and offered a hand to help me up with a soft smile.

I ignored the hand and stood carefully, eyeing him warily as he lowered his hand, not looking at all put off.

"You alright?" he asked gently and I nodded, slightly baffled as to what he wanted.

"What's your name?" he continued when I stayed silent and I narrowed my eyes slightly.

"I am Spock"

He grinned at getting something out of me. "Nice name, I'm Gary. Gary Mitchell"

The name rang a bell and I searched my memory for where I had heard it before.

I remembered quickly, it was just yesterday. The boy who knew Jim mentioned a Gary, could this be the same one?

"Are you acquainted with James Kirk?" I asked curiously and surprise lit up his features.

"Yeah, we're good friends. I was actually looking for him when I saw you two."

I realised that I probably did not appear that thankful for his intervention and lowered my head slightly.

"Thank you for your help. If you like I will take you to Jim"

My ribs ached in protest at my offer but I must repay him since I have the means.

He grinned again and nodded, gesturing for me to lead the way. As we began walking I found myself immeasurably thankful that I wore black clothing, it will hide the blood until I can attend the injury.