Chapter Twenty Nine

A/N
Hey guys, so I want to dedicate this chapter to someone because why not - this ones for you nataliaelise because you're awesome.

*Jim's POV*

We walked together for a few hours before we eventually found ourselves outside of Spock's room again.

"I guess I'll see you later" I said, smiling at him as we stood outside the door.

Slight disappointment flashed in his eyes but he nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow then" he hesitated before quickly glancing around to make sure no one was in sight and giving me a brief hug.

I hugged him back tightly and watched with a bit of regret as he went inside.

As much as I want to I can't really stay at his place again tonight, apart from anything Bones would not be happy.

I slowly made my way back to my room and paused outside, and I am eternally grateful that I did stop rather then just walking in.

I heard some thumping noises coming from the other side of the door and I tilted my head forward a bit, not really sure what was going on.

Until I heard someone moaning. Then I got the hell away.

I walked back over to Spock's room, feeling mentally scarred by what I just heard but still secretly delighted to have an excuse to stay with Spock again. Assuming he wanted me to of course.

I knocked lightly on the door and he opened it within a few seconds.

"Jim?" he asked in surprise as he stood aside for me to enter the room.

"Sorry, do you mind if I stay? I really don't want to know what, or rather who Bones is doing"

A breath taking smile covered Spock's face and I felt my own light up in response.

"You are always welcome to stay" he told me and touched one of my hands gently.

I intertwined our fingers and he looked down at our joined hands with barely concealed joy in his eyes.

"Have I ever told you that you're beautiful?" I wondered aloud and the tips of his ears turned green. Man I love being able to do that.

"I do not believe that you have" he replied with embarrassment lacing his voice.

"Well, you are" I informed him dreamily and he got a really tender look on his face.

He reached his free hand out and used it to curl my fingers into a fist, leaving my middle and index finger outstretched.

I watched with curiosity as he mirrored the movement with his hand and touched our fingers together.

I shivered at the odd contact that was surprisingly pleasing, a pleasure that increased as Spock began slowly tracing my fingers with his own.

"What does it mean?" I whispered, feeling like if I spoke any louder the moment would be ruined.

"It is a Vulcan kiss" he replied equally quietly.

He looked up from our hands and our eyes locked. I put one of my hands on his shoulder, leaving our other hands in the Vulcan kiss. We leaned forwards together and touched lips softly in a chaste kiss.

This kiss was very different from our first two kisses. The first one barely counted as a kiss, it was really just a brief brush of lips. The second was more desperate with Spock searching for reassurance that I was his and he was mine.

No, this one wasn't like them at all. It was slow, soft and sweet. There was no hurry, we were both simply enjoying the closeness of our newfound relationship.

Spock let out a soft sigh and wrapped both his arms around my waist. The corners of my mouth lifted slightly against his lips and I put my other arm around his shoulders.

We pulled away a bit but stayed in the gentle embrace, our bodies pressed lightly together.

In that moment absolutely nothing mattered except us, together.

I remember when we were on that planet and I was lying in his arms - just before we kissed for the first time. I remember thinking that nothing could be better then that moment.

I was wrong, this is better, so much better.

"We should rest, we have classes tomorrow and exams will be held soon" Spock broke the silence after a few more minutes.

"Five more minutes" I begged with a yawn and I felt his body begin to shake.

I briefly panicked before realising that he was laughing. It was definitely a sound I could get used to. "Come on" he pulled me over to the bed and we got in.

He immediately wrapped me in his arms again and I couldn't hold in a chuckle. "You know Spock, I never would have taken you for the cuddly type"

He considered this briefly before tightening his grip. "Are you complaining?" he whispered in my ear and I couldn't repress the shiver that ran through me.

"Never" I replied while snuggling closer. He kissed the top of my head and I seriously felt like I could explode from happiness.