eleven

Brendon walks down the stairs the next morning to see Liam laying on he couch looking very uncomfortable. Brendon kinda felt bad.

He was the reason why his parents started to fight. If he just told them where he was, his papa wouldn't be sleeping on the couch and Brendon wouldn't be so scared out of his mind.

Liam's eyes fluttered open and they focus on Brendon, who was mostly ready for school.

" Morning baby." Liam says. Liam let out a yawn and sat up on the couch.

" Morning papa. Are you okay?" Brendon says.

" Never better." Liam says as something in his body makes a popping noise.

" Do you want me to make you tea or coffee?" Brendon asks.

" No, it's okay. I can do it myself. Just get ready for school." Liam says. Brendon starts playing with his fingers.

" I'm sorry about last night." Brendon says looking down at his feet. Liam looks at him weird.

" Why? There was no need for you to apologize. It was just me and dad arguing over nothing." Liam says as he stands up from the couch.

" But I caused it. If I only told dad where I was, he wouldn't have flipped his shit." Brendon says. Liam walks up to Brendon and kisses the top of his head.

" Don't worry about it baby. Everybody makes mistakes." Liam says." Now get ready for school." Brendon nods his head and walks into the bathroom. Liam walks into the kitchen and walks to the tea set. He starts to boil water and stands at the counter waiting for it to heat up. His oldest son walks in with his tired looking husband behind him.

" Morning bub. Morning Ni." Liam says.

" Morning pop." Drew says.

" Morn-" Niall started to speak, but then realized he should be mad at Liam. Niall stops speaking and looks away at Liam. Liam rolls his eyes. Now Niall was going to be petty. But Liam was used to Niall's pettiness by now in their relationship.

" Do you want tea or coffee?" Liam asks.

" I'll make it myself." Niall says walking to the tea kettle.

" There's no need to, I'm already making tea." Liam says mentioning towards the water warming up.

" I want to make it myself." Niall says. Drew rolls his eyes and quickly walks out of the room knowing what could happen next.

" Didn't you yell at me last night about not helping around the house? I think this counts as helping." Liam asks, trying to push Niall's buttons.

" This doesn't count as helping. You're just making tea." Niall says," Now step out of the way so I can make my own tea."

" Nope, I'm not allowing it." Liam says. Niall furrows his eyebrows at his husband.

" Don't be so difficult." Niall says.

" I'm not being difficult though." Liam says grabbing two cups for tea. The water finishes boiling and Liam pours water in each cup.

" What kind of tea do you want?" Liam asks looking through the tea they have. Liam already knows the answer cause Niall always has the same tea every morning.

Niall lets out a sigh, plops down at the kitchen table, and answers with," My usual."

Liam smiles because he somewhat won a fight for once. Liam grabs Niall's favorite tea and puts it in one of the cups. He puts his own tea in his cup and walks to the table. Liam hands Niall his tea.