sixty-three

" Good morning to you birthday girl!" Niall exclaims. Melody was standing in her cot smiling at Niall.

" Dada!" Melody exclaims. She lifts her arms up for Niall. Niall picks her up out of her cot. He walks to her changing table and changes her nappy. He picks out a birthday outfit for Melody and slips it on her. He sits her up. He grabs a brush and brushes her hair into pigtails. He looks at her when she's all ready.

" Lets go show the boys your birthday outfit." Niall says. Melody nods her head. Niall picks her up and walks out of her room. He walks downstairs where the boys were setting up for Melody's first birthday party today.

" Look who's here!" Niall says. The boys turn and smile at Melody.

" There's my birthday girl!"

" Happy birthday Melody!"

Melody uses her hands to cover her face. Niall smiles at her in her arms.

" Alright, princess, go play. We have to set up for your party." Niall says. He places Melody on the ground near her toys. He walks up to Liam.

" What else do we have to do?" Niall asks.

" We have the princess decorations up, the house is clean, we have the food, DJ is getting the cake soon, we have a couple games. I actually think we're good." Liam says.

" Okay, good. Our parents and Lani should be here soon. The Tomlinson's will show up more when the party starts." Niall says.

" Sounds good." Liam says. Niall looks at his sons.

" Go get dressed. And DJ when you're done getting dressed, can you please go get the cake?" Niall says. They both nod their heads. They run upstairs. Niall looks back at Liam. Liam kisses Niall's lips. Niall smiles in the kiss. They pull apart.

" Hey, I love you." Liam says.

" I love you more." Niall says," Now go get dressed before our families come over."

Liam nods his head. He heads upstairs. Niall looks at Melody who was looking at a book. He walks and sits down next to her. Melody smiles at him and shows him the book.

" Dada." Melody says.

" I see princess. Are you ready for your party today?" Niall says. Melody nods her head. Niall smiles at her. Drew comes down the stairs.

" Alright, I'm off to get the cake. Do you need anything else while I'm out?" Drew says.

" I don't think so. I can call if needed." Niall says. Drew nods his head. He walks to the door that connects to the garage. Niall hears him leave. And as Drew left, the front door opens.

" Liam! We're here baby!" Karen says as her and Geoff walk into the house. They smile at Niall sitting on the floor next to Melody.

" Hello Niall. Where's Liam?" Karen asks. They walk into the living room as Niall stands up.

" He's getting dressed. He should be down soon." Niall says opening his arms for a hug. Each parent hugs him. Then they look at Melody still focused on the book.

" And look how big you're getting Melody!" Karen says. Melody looks up and smiles. She shows Karen and Geoff her book. Liam comes down the stairs.

" Hey mum." Liam says. Karen turns around and held her arms open for a hug. Liam gives her a hug.

" It's very nice to see you baby." Karen says. She looks at Niall," Where's Brendon and DJ?"

" Brendon probably started a video game. He'll be down for the party. And DJ went to get Melody's cake." Niall says.