sixty-one

Niall was trying to get Melody into her buggy. Drew was bothering him while Liam and Brendon packed the car.

" Do we really have to go to your mum's house?" Drew complains.

" Yes. We're going to her house for Christmas and then papa's parents on the way home. They both want to see their grandkids." Niall says.

" Da." Melody mumbles in the buggy.

" I know you don't want to be in there princess, but I can't help it. You'll be out soon." Niall says to Melody. Niall looks at Drew," Please don't complain. I already have Melody to deal with."

Liam walks back into the house. He looks at the remaining family members.

" Everything's packed and Brendon is already in the car. Are you guys ready to go?" Liam says. Niall picks up Melody's buggy.

" Yes."

Niall walks out of the house with Liam and Drew following. They walk to the car. Niall straps in Melody's buggy to the car seat while the other two got in the car. Niall secures Melody and gets in the car himself. Liam starts the car and pulls out of the driveway. Liam starts the drive to Maura's house.

" Da." Melody mumbles. Niall turns around. He looks at his boys.

" Can you see what's wrong with Melody?" Niall asks. Both boys look into the buggy. Melody had a pout on her face.

" She looks grumpy." Brendon says.

" That makes two of us." Drew says. Niall rolls his eyes at his oldest.

" Well, she probably wants some attention. Can you keep her busy?" Niall says.

" We can try." Brendon says. The boys start playing with Melody. Niall turns to face the front of the car. Liam slides his hand through Niall's hand.

" I hope this car ride goes by fast. I don't need a grumpy baby. I already have a grumpy teenager." Niall says.

" She'll be fine. She doesn't like being constricted, that's all. And DJ's just upset because Sage can't come with us." Liam says.

" I'm sorry I want to spend my holiday with my girlfriend." Drew mumbles. Niall and Liam roll their eyes. With that, Liam continues the drive to Maura's home.

~*~*~

Liam pulls up to Niall's childhood home. He parks the car and looks at his family members. They were still sleeping. He chuckled at them.

" C'mon guys, we're here." Liam says. Niall and Brendon flutter their eyes open. Niall looks at Liam.

" We're here?" Niall asks.

" Yes. We gotta go in." Liam says. Niall nods his head. Niall, Liam, and Brendon start to get out of the car. Niall looks at Liam.

" Wake up DJ and grab the bags please." Niall says.

" Okay Ni." Liam says. Liam goes to wake up Drew while Niall unlatches Melody's buggy from the seat. Brendon starts to grab some bags. Drew wakes up and gets out of the car. The family makes their way to the front door. Niall opens the door and walks in.

" Mum! We're here!" Niall calls. Everyone starts taking off their winter coats and shoes. Maura comes into the room.

" Look at my babies!" Maura says. She throws her arms around Brendon and Drew.

" Hi grandma." Brendon and DJ say. She lets go and looks at Niall holding Melody's buggy.

" Now let me see my granddaughter." Maura says. Niall puts the buggy down. He was about to unlatch Melody, but Maura pushes him out of the way. Maura unlatches Melody and holds her in her arms.