fifty-nine

Niall and Harry were sitting on Niall's couch with Melody on Harry's lap. The two were talking and trying to catch up with each other.

" Grayson's been telling me he's had a hard time adjusting to high school." Harry says.

" That's really sad. What about Mason?" Niall says.

" Mason's doing great, from what he's telling me. He's apparently Mr. Popular." Harry says.

" Maybe Mason should help Grayson out." Niall says.

" You know how boys are, especially these two. They're not gonna help each other." Harry says.

" Yeah. Hopefully things get better for Grayson." Niall says.

" I hope so too." Harry says," And Larry is being Larry."

" I don't want them to change." Niall says. Niall looks at Melody on Harry's lap," And I don't want you changing either missy."

Melody giggles at her dad.

" Melody is still doing fine, right? Nothing's wrong with her?" Harry asks.

" She's been doing great. The doctors say she's developing well, as long as we continue to take care of her, of course. And I'm glad because I thought her as a premature baby would make her fall behind on her development." Niall says.

" I'm happy to see her doing so well." Harry says. He kisses Melody's cheek. Melody giggles at the motion.

The door from the garage opens. The parents hear shoes getting kicked off.

" Dad, I'm home and I brought Sage!" Drew calls. The two walk into the living room to see Niall and Harry sitting on the couch.

" Papa, what are you doing here?" Sage asks.

" What, I can't hang out with Niall and my favorite godchild?" Harry asks, holding up Melody. Melody reaches for Drew.

" I didn't know you were gonna be here." Sage says, shrugging her shoulders.

" And we'll be upstairs." Drew says, mentioning the stairs. He starts for the stairs, but Niall stops him.

" That's funny, DJ. You're not going to your room." Niall says.

" Why not? We're not doing anything. You guys are here." Drew says. The parents give him a dirty look.

" I don't care if we're here. We don't want you alone in the house." Niall says.

" Ugh, it's not happening again. We aren't breaking any rules." Drew says.

" DJ, lets just listen to them." Sage says.

" Fine." Drew mumbles. He plops on the couch across from Niall and Harry. Sage sits next to him.

Brendon walks down the stairs," Dad, can Ava and Ella come over?"

Brendon stops when he sees Sage sitting on the couch. He immediately gets angry.

" Why the hell are you here?" Brendon spits.

" Because DJ wanted me over." Sage says. Harry looks at Niall weird.

" Oh, so you can have sex and lie to me about it?" Brendon says.

" Oh my god, give it a rest!" Sage says.

" Why should I? Lying to your friend isn't cool." Brendon says.

" It's not like I wanted to lie to you on purpose." Sage says.

" So, you lied to me on accident? That's not how it works Sage." Brendon says. Sage rolls her eyes. She looks at Drew.

" Can we go for a drive?" Sage asks.

" Or is that a reason to go have sex and not tell me about it?" Brendon says. She glares at Brendon.

" I don't have to tell you anything. It's not like we're friends anymore." Sage says.

" Cool, great! Somebody chooses my brother over me again! You, of all people, should know how that feels when this shit happens to me. Just fuck off." Brendon says. He storms back upstairs. Everyone sits in silence as the boys bedroom door slams closed. Sage let out an angry sigh and storms out of the house. Drew runs after her, leaving Niall and Harry by themselves. Harry looks at Niall.

" Since when have they been fighting?" Harry asks.

" I'm not sure, maybe a month? I've never seen them like this though." Niall says.

" A month? Why didn't Sage tell me?" Harry asks.

" If it didn't involve both my boys, I'm sure I wouldn't know. Liam and I wanted them to figure it out, but I guess that's not happening soon." Niall says.

" What have they been fighting about?" Harry says.

" Brendon told me he's just upset that Sage has been lying to him. She's lied about her relationship with DJ for almost a year now. And he's a little upset that Sage continues to choose DJ over him." Niall says.

" Maybe I should talk to her about it. I don't like seeing friends fighting. They've been friends forever, something like this shouldn't ruin their friendship." Harry says.

" I tried talking to Brendon about it, he's just so hurt about it. I don't blame him though. Fighting with your best friend isn't fun." Niall says.

" We had our moments." Harry says.

" Yeah, but nothing this bad." Niall says. Niall looks at Melody on Harry's lap," I hope you're not petty like your brothers when you're older."

" Nialler, you're a petty bitch. They get it from you." Harry says. Niall was about to protest, but he realized, yeah he was a petty bitch.

" Alright, ya got me." Niall says. Harry holds Melody up so that she was standing on his legs.

" Hello little baby." Harry says in a funny voice. Melody erupts in giggles. Niall smiles at his daughter.

" Yeah, you love your Uncle Harry." Niall says. Niall hears the boys bedroom door open. Brendon comes down the stairs.

" Are they gone?" Brendon asks.

" Yes Bren. They went somewhere else." Niall says. Brendon walks into the living room. Melody reaches for him. Brendon walks to Harry and takes Melody out of his arms.

" You okay baby?" Niall asks.

" I'm sorry about what happened down here. Though, it could've gone a lot worse." Brendon apologizes.

" It's okay Bren. Friends fight." Niall says.

" I can try and talk with her, if you want. Maybe talk some sense to her." Harry says.

" It's fine Uncle Harry. We're big kids, we don't need our daddies fighting our fights." Brendon says. Brendon walks to the kitchen with Melody. Niall looks at Harry.

" I'm surprised he apologized to us." Niall says.

" Like he said, he's a big kid." Harry says. Both friends let out little laughs.

Niall and Harry loved hanging out with each other. They've spent so many years together, they wouldn't know what to do without each other. They just wish Brendon and Sage can fix their problems and become friends again.

***

Heyoo! This chapter also feels like a mess to me. For some odd reason, all my chapters feel like a mess, but they turn out fine.

Idk anymore.

Since the first book was about 70 chapters, I'm hoping to end this in 70 chapters. We'll see though.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment or message me.

Thank you for reading my story. I love you all so much.

***