England X Reader - Best Friends Forever

Requested by helpiminsane. The typical maid/butler readers. Except it's probably nOT

              Arthur was extremely quiet. You were scared you messed up on your job. Yes, he would mostly rant or have a nice chat with you, but this is an bad kind of quiet. Yes, you both were almost like best friends. Arthur noticed how tense the air was and started to play a recorded version of Gymnopidie No.1, trying to loosen up the tension. It worked. But, not much.

              "(Y/n), love, come here." He said, turning his chair towards you.

              Your outfit made swishing sounds while walking, your legs were quite shaky. Somehow, you looked all calm and confident. You stood infront of him while he sat on his chair, looking at you. He pulled you to him, making you straddle him and easy for him to hug you.

              Hoo boy, you knew what shade the colour of your face was at that time. Your legs were poking out of behind the chair as you heard him sniffle. He was crying. You awkwardly pat his back, while giving back the hug and letting his salty, hot tears hit your attire. He hiccuped, crying into your shoulder. He felt vulnerable, like a child crying out to his mother. It scared you.

              "H-hey, Arthur," You spoke out, he still sobbed into your shoulder,"What's-"

              "I'm leaving for war, (y/n)." Arthur said, cracking at the word 'war'.

              With the word 'war' out of his mouth, you closed your own mouth. The tears slowly blurred out your vision, dripping down quickly and dripping on the floors. This isn't fair.

              Noticing how glum the mood is, you let out a shaky laugh, "Q-quite the awkward position I'm in, w-would you mind helping me g-get off?" You attempted to smile, only to let more tears slip down.

              He laughed bitterly, helping you stand on your two feet. He stood up as well, enveloping you in a hug. You gave the hug back, patting his back to lessen the tears. He did the same, only awkwardly patting your's. You both sniffed at the same time, laughing because of the coincidences that happened.

              "There, there... It's no use crying so much, y'know." You said, leaning your head on his chest.

              He wiped his tears, "Thank you, love." With that he smiled.

              You smiled.

              "Just dont die out there, bud." Your hand went up to his hair, ruffling it.

              "Yes, yes, I know."

              "And Arthur."

              "Yes?"

              "Pinkie Best Friend promise?" You held up your pinkie to him.

              He sighed, linking his pinkie onto your's.

              "Pinkie Best Friend promise."

              "Also close that damn piano music." You said.

When there's too much romance and u need to make a platonic relationship. Idk what this is anymore :>>