Ch35

It was another day closer to finding Leo and Layla, another day closer to finding out who's behind the monsters, and another day closer to all of my loved ones suffocating me.

My family is coming tomorrow and today we've been cooking, like a lot. If they think that we haven't been eating then we'll be buried in scoldings and chastisement. Grace was here as well, she was helping my mom with the food. My mom enjoyed the company and to see the only too people that I consider parents or mother-figures side by side made me feel content.

Ryan was, once again, at the robot while Mark was trying to fix his car up a bit. They both said they'll be here to 'make sure mom doesn't try to experiment' or 'she might accident poison your family'; things only a Walker would say.

Mom had just finished another batch of tamales, Grace'a cutlery skills helped out with making them look pretty on the platter. I don't think this all mattered. Oh, and just so you know this isn't for my family to eat tomorrow or anything this is for us to eat. So that when my Aunty and Uncles FaceTime us tonight it'll look like we always have food. And because my mom wanted me to invite all of our friends, not Marissa's preppy friends that me and my mother oh-so despise, but our real ones. The ones that are basically apart of the family.

I just got done with the scalloped potatoes, mixing them up one last tie before I set the spoon down on the counter. The front door twisted open and in came the Walker brothers.

"Hey mom!" They said not exactly in unison but their voices mushing together as one word followed the other.

"Hey," Grace started placing her oven mitts from the macaroni onto the counter top; she walked over to her sons to squeeze them,"how are you guys?" She asked before grabbing a clipboard with a pen attached at the top of it.

She was looking around my house and checking things off as the two familiar faces answered,"hungry."

"Well, dinner's gonna be ready as soon as the brainiacs and the walking-disasters tumble in." I said as I grabbed an unused pen from a drawer, using it to tie my hair up.

Ryan has seen me do this countless times, mostly when we're spending the night at his house and I'm getting ready for bed, followed by me actually tying my hair up with a hair tie.

"Hey, baby." Hey greeted me as he walked over to kiss my cheek, Marissa and Mark copying our actions.

"Hello, angel." I greeted him, kissing the side of his jaw. Just now noticing something different about his appearance, his collar was propped up.

The corner of my mouth twisted up as I looked at him this way, the appearance quite unusual and flattering.

I giggled and looked around seeing everyone busy trying to help out, I lead the boy up to my room only to close the door behind me and lean against it.

"If you wanted me alone, love, you could've just asked." He said teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at the boy, lovingly," Question, why is your collar up like that?" I nodded towards him.

He simply flipped it back the right way and stepped closer towards me, tilting this head upwards to make his neck more visible.

"Oh my god." I giggled looking at the discolored spot on his neck," I did that?" I said as he held my waist in his hands as I rubbed the hickey gently.

"Well, yeah, who else would've given this to me?" He smiled.

I stuck my lip in between my teeth to nibble at it, slowly, I looked at him.

"Here, let me help you." I said as I grabbed some of my partially used makeup as we snuck into the bathroom.

I locked the door behind me as Ryan leaned against the counter, looking at me admirably. I small ringlet slipping out of its place and into my line of vision. He tucked it behind my ear as I found what I was looking for.