Ch9

"Well, was he flirting?" He asked as we ran to our robots. I stayed silent and preferred to not answer his ridiculous questions at the moment. "Roe!" He hollered at me.

"No, Ryan, he wasn't flirting. He was just starting conversation." I explained.

"Are you positive." He said as his leaps slowed.

"Ryan, I'm pretty sure if Roe wanted him then she could have him in a second." Mark inserted himself into the conversation, "I mean look at, she's every freshman's dream girl." He said mockingly, making Ryan roll his eyes in anger.

"And besides, Ryelle is already sailing and I'm not gonna let anyone sink my ship." Sparrow puffed, out of breath.

"Not the time, we have a job to do." Harris Sid as we went to our assigned robots.

I put in my ear buds.

"Roe, have you ever thought that maybe he secretly likes you?" My boyfriend asked me through the ear devices.

"Ry, have you ever thought that that is the most ridiculous thing in the world." I countered, I heard him puff; we then started our journey.

I heard the faint sound of Harris murmur 'clawboon' through the headset.

"What in the word is a 'clawboon?" I asked aloud, making my friends and sister make faces of confusion and the chorus of 'huh' escape from them.

"He's one of the first monsters we fought, he shouldn't be here, how do they keep coming back?" Ryan told me.

"I dunno but I-", clawboon had hit me across the school's parking lot and on a bike rack. My body jerked pain as I landed on my back. "Ow."

Sparrow came to my side and helped me up. "You okay?" She asked, concerned.

"No, Mari was right, I should've stretched." I groaned as she went back to their station, twiddling away on her tools and such.

"Roe, you alright, love?" Ryan asked.

"I could be way better. How you holding up over there baby?" This the was dangerous, it almost had Ryan beat.

"Kinda bad, you got any ideas?" He grunted.

I turned to Sparrow, and have her an expecting look. She went as fast as she could as Harriet helped me dodge attacks from this thing.

"Hey, S, if you could hurry up that could be great!" I said right before I was struck in the face,"ah!"

"Oh, we have a katana kick!" She was super excited for some reason.

"What in the world is that?" Marissa asked as she slid down the latter and went over to where Sparrow was, she examined the move and grinned.

"Little sis, it's basically an A La Second. You got this, it's one of the first moves you learned at dance."

I gave her a look as to not say it so loud so the boys won't hear; they play too much.

"Ry, I'd stand back if I were you." He seemed hesitant.

"Why, what are yo-"

"Boy, if you don't do what I say." I warned, he finally did as told.

I straighten my posture, putting my left leg in a plié and going into a croisé. I took a deep breath and put my arms in first position; putting my left leg in relevé, my arms automatically went into second position. I put my right leg in a straight, outward movement and followed through with the movement; the leg had turned into a spike. Slicing through the the monster and turning it to ooze. I rested in a pirouette position, then my lower back started to hurt, the pain shooting into my legs. I think I pulled a couple of things.

"Ow!" I screamed. I heard the boys celebrating through the headset; I smiled at that.

"Roe, I told you to stretch." Marissa yelled at me, an 'I told you so' tone.

When we put our robots back into their original spots we met up and went back to school. When we walked through the the doors, immediately you saw Cassie give everyone an update on the attack, it made us smile.

"Baby, I didn't know you could do that!" Ryan said excitedly to me, tangling my fingers with his.

"I've been dancing since I was a little girl." I told him as if it was no big deal.

"That was amazing, you never told us that." Harris complimented,

"There's a lot that you guys don't know about me," I looked at Ryan." Even you, actually, especially you."

He gave me a shocked look." Really?"He asked putting his hand on his chest.

The bell had then rang. "See ya later, baby boy." I told him giving him a kiss on the cheek and walking away,before I got all the way down the hallway I stopped in my tracks and waited for Spyder. It's the last lesson of the day and we have class together.

When he caught up to me we turned the corner, going into class.

"So what other stuff haven't you told us." Spyder said smirking at me and raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I hate the pink, I'm Latina; if you haven't noticed, I'm bilingual, my birthday is May 31st, and I'm adopted." I said looking at my finger nails, picking and biting at them.

"You're adopted?" Spyder asked a little shocked. I never wanted people to think of me as some charity case or like me any less.

"Please, don't think of me badly, I've tried so hard to make friends, let alone a boyfriend." I've tried so hard to make myself wanted.

"I don't think of you any differently, neither will the rest of us. We love you, Rochelle." He told me.

"Thank you, Spyder, you're a really good friend." My phone buzzed. I checked it to see a text from Ryan pop up on the home screen,

Ryan- We're gonna go out to eat, tonight, ya know to celebrate.

~Okay, pay attention, you're in class and I'm not gonna let you fail freshman year.

Ryan-I love you, pretty girl

~I love you too, baby boy.

We do that a lot with each other, it's more of us showing random affection for each other. I turned to Spyder until he got a random text; he looked at me then down. I was bouncing my leg. It's a habit that I have, but I was also shaking really bad, well, more than I usually do since I'm constantly shaking.

Spyder started to continue typing on his phone, he then put it back in his pocket, "Roe, are you okay?" He asked me, leaning back in his seat.

"Yup, just jittery." His bit his bottom li, leaned up and put his hand in my knee, making me stop its bouncing.

"Thanks,"

"No problem, but this happens almost every time you and Ryan separate." He told me, I furrowed my eyes thinking to occasions of where this has happened, but I never acknowledged it, I guess.

"It's probably me being silly, is all." I dismissed his statement, sitting back in my seat as the tardy bell rang and our teacher began teaching, and guess what it was...Spanish; we're gonna keep this a secret cause this is the easiest grade I've ever gotten.

"Then that means you and Ryan are both bend silly cause he does it as well." He said with a smile plasters on his face.

En este momento, amo la vida. Y mi novio