Chapter 7: Yuba's promise

Start from the beginning

You cried out when your eye suddenly strain, bringing you a burning sensation. You brought a hand over it, gritting your teeth as the pain became worst. Your arm moved on its own and extended at the front, toward the center of the platform. A yellow light surrounded your shoulder and trailed the length of your arm to your fingertips. It became brighter as it twirled around the platform, getting closer to the center before it morphed itself into a wooden pole with a curved blade. The naginata from Fidda's memory.

The weapon fell in your hand and you stared at it in awe.

"Human Realm: Edge End..." you said, the naginata disappearing. "It seems I learned a new technique...but how? Usually I construct the weapon in question but this time...it appeared right before me..."

You stared at your arms in wonder, trying to remember if there was ever a time it happened before. But you knew you were still clueless about everything related to Saṃsāra. The wind picked up and you looked at the horizon to see that the sun showed the afternoon. You had no time to stay here any longer.

"...Where are those idiots?!"

"Fifty-two kilometer on foot wears out, wears out..Fifty-two kilometer on foot wears out your shoes for good..." you walked a steady pace, whistling sometimes the song under your breath since you were bored out of your mind. "Fifty-three kilometer on foot wears out, wears out-"

You stopped singing, your eyes falling on three familiar figures walking through the desert and you gritted your teeth in irritation. "Why are they here without the others?....Do I really want to know?"

You thought about hiding yourself before they spot you and continue on your way, but the odds were against you. Immediately, Luffy started to wave his arms, yelling your name loudly as the others stopped walking and turned their head toward your direction. You glowered and waved back, your lips forming a thin line. You were hesitant to go to them, thinking that Luffy was probably still under the cactus's influence. Your mood worsened when Luffy stretched his arms toward you, enveloping his limbs around your waist before the straw hat boy pulled harshly.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAA" you cried out, flying across the desert to fall head first into Chopper who had transformed himself into his human form. He quickly caught you in his arms.

"(y/n)! Are you alright?!" the doctor demanded in worry as foam came out of your mouth. Luffy laughed heartily at the state you were in.

"She's making a weird face!" the boy exclaimed and the other males sweatdropped at his words. Whipping the foam off of your mouth, you turned your head toward the captain who continued to laugh.

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT, WHEN I HAVE MY HANDS ON YOU I WILL MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO WALK ANYMORE!" you snarled, causing the young man to tilt his head to the side, gazing at you curiously.