Chapter 21- Surprise, surprise.

Start from the beginning

"What?" I blurted, surprised.

"Come to L.A. with me." He smiled even bigger and leaned foward with excitement. "We could be there, together. Happy."

I shook my head, confused. I quickly looked around my room and began to think about everything. I had grown up in this room. I've never lived anywhere else. This was home. But I wanted Jessy. I always have. For the past couple of weeks I was determined that he would never ask me to move with him, and now that he had, it was all so surreal.

And now that he had asked me, I didn't know that I would actually be this shocked, and caught off guard. How was I going to pack everything up and move just like that? First of all, I had to finish school. Second of all, my parents. Third of all, was I ready to live with a boyfriend, alone? Just to be with him and be happy? And besides, what was the media going to say about this? Everything was floating in my mind, and I needed to stop it all, and just.... listen to my heart.

My heart, right now, was telling me to go. Go with him and don't look back. I really like him, and I deserve to be happy. I've been with Jessy now for more than a month and we were like two peas in a pot. Unseperable. John loved being with him, and he was always over for dinner. He was such a gentleman to me, and I was so darn lucky to have him.

"You're crazy." I just mumbled but smiled, letting him know that I was happy that he asked me. How could I not?

He grinned. "I know! But it's not when I know you'll be with me." He was such a romantic sometimes, it made me want to cry.

"Jessy," I carefully spoke. "I'm going to need some time to think this over."

His grin went away and he carefully looked at me too. His eyes met in the middle and he spoke in a lower voice, confused. "What's there to think about?"

"John. My parents." I automatically said and he realized that it could probably be impossible to move in together. I went on before he could. "It's not just them, but this." I looked around my room and he followed my gaze. "I grew up here, and well, that's not a problem, to me. If it were up to me, I would move there in less than a second." He smiled and I scooted closer to him and placed my head on his chest. "But Jessy, my family, my school... I still need to finish high school. Also, what will the media say?"

My last question pushed his buttons and he rapidly shook his head, making the bed move. "I told you, don't worry about them. They will love you. Besides, I would let you finish high school, then bring you up there with me. Your parents can't say no to me also. And John can come up as much as he wants."

He made it sound so easy that I thought that the idea could be possible. The possibility that I could go away with him, and live happily ever after. I smiled at that idea. I loved that idea. But somehow it was just too good to be true.

"Jessy..." I smiled and leaned back a little to meet his eyes. I hope they were shinning, trying to let him know that I was very grateful. He hummed in response, and I went on. "I wish I could just leave, but do you think it's worth it. I mean, I don't want to break up with you, but what if we don't work out."

He didn't need to think about it. He quickly replied. "We will." He met my eyes for what felt like very long time and I didn't mind being like this forever. If time froze right this moment, it would be completely fine by me. "Janelle, I've waited for you ever since I met you. But.. we were just kids, and I was scared to tell you." He was so vulnerable, I hugged him tighter. "I'm not letting you go so easily."

"Truth is..." I said, smiling against his warm chest. "I don't want you to let me go."

I couldn't tell if he was smiling, but the silence felt nice. No awkwardness at all, and lately that's been happening a lot. Where we can just stay in one place, no talking, and just feel the nice atmosphere around us.