Zombie AU Epilogue

By popular demand, I have returned to finish up this story :) 

______________________________

*Henrys POV**

"(Y/N)?" The name easily falls from my lips, almost naturally. The girl smiles up at me from her resting position. 

"It's been awhile, hasn't it" she just chuckles. I shake my head, tears freely streaming down my face. Here she was. 

"How are you alive? You were bit!" I abruptly ask. I didn't mean to come across as rude but gosh I missed her. All this time blaming myself for her death when shes been alive this whole time.

"I don't know Henry. Honestly, I left, I had to make sure I didn't hurt any of you when I turned, but I never did. I just wandered. Days turned into weeks, and weeks into months, then years. Henry, I think I'm immune" she smiles, which causes a smile to break out across my face. 

"They could make a vaccine! This could save everyone!" I shout, smiling. I couldn't believe it. (Y/N) was back and there's a chance at a cure. Everything was finally falling back into place. 

"Why? Why would you come back?" I ask in utter shock. She frowns. 

"I didn't want to." She admits. I wanted to stay as far aways as possible from people, making sure I wasn't going to hurt anyone, but once I realize I was immune, I knew I needed to make it to a camp where I could help make a difference. If that meant giving myself up to make a cure, then so be it" She says heroically. "But I'm here now Henry. And m have you grown. Not the little boy that was hiding on the roof anymore, are you?" she teases. 

"And you've grown. Not the little girl spraining her ankle jumping off a roof now are we?" I shoot back and she chuckles. 

"I have a lot to tell you about the outside world" she says. I smile. 

"And I cant wait to hear it" 

______________________________________________________________

This series is now done. I apologize, I thought I published this part but apparently not. But if you want more Detail about (Y/N) and Henry's adventures through the apocalypse, go read my other book which is a love triangle between Carl, (Y/N) and Henry in an apocalyptic scenario.