Zombie AU 1

Alright guys. I've decided to do a mini series in here. Since I love the Walking Dead, I'm going to do an apocalypse story with Henry. Alright?Enjoy.

_______________________________
***(Y/N)s POV***

"Lock all doors, do not answer for anyone. The military will be there soon to help you sweetheart. We love you"

That's the last thing I've heard from my family for a month. Since the outbreak. They were on vacation with my little sister, when the outbreak happened. I've been alone. No signs of human life, no signs of the military stepping up. For all I know, I could be the last hunan alive.

Crash

Crap. Walkers. They're in. I run up the stairs, to the roof of the apartment building I was taking refuge in. I reach the stairs, and slam the door shut, looking around for a spare pipe or something to keep the door shut. I spot a small pipe, and race over to grab it, putting it in between the door handles so the door can't be opened. I sigh, and lean against the door, when it's pounded, and pushes me back. All I can hear and the groans of the walkers. Great. I'm trapped. I'm on the roof of an 11 story building, and can't get down the stairs. All I wanted was a place to sleep, maybe some food. It's been days since I've eaten and I don't know how much longer I can stay like this.

"Hey" I hear a voice. Great. Now I'm going insane from lack of people.

"Hey" There's that voice again. I turn and look to see a teenage boy, on the roof. Wait. There's a boy on my roof.

"What?!" I half jump. Terrified. He looks at me and puts his hands up.

"Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." I look at him. My hatchet is in my backpack. Crap should have thought that through.

"Who are you?" I question.

"I'm Henry. Henry Mills." I shake my head.

"Where is everyone? Are you alone," i say, as I finally pull out my hatchet. He looks at me.

"I had a group but we were separated a little while ago. I'm trying to find them." I shake my head.

"Hate to burst your bubble and all, but there is almost no way we're getting off this building alive." Now he shakes his head.

"We can and will. You have to believe, have hope." I laugh.

"What hope? This worlds crap and there's no way to survive. We're all going to die and turn into one of them"  

I shake my head and sit down, Henry cautiously walks over and sits by me.

"How long have you been on your own."

"Since the beginning. My family is in a place called Storybrooke, and I'm heading there to find them." Henry looks at me, his eyes show sorrow.

"Storybrooke was over run from the beginning. My group, we came from there. Almost everyone there is dead. We almost didn't make it". Reality hits me. My family is dead.

My family is dead. And there's nothing I could do.

My eyes sting, with hot tears. My family. I'll never see them. My little sister, never getting to live her life, my mom, my dad. I'll never see them again. Henry looks at me, understanding. I look straight ahead.

No. They wouldn't want me crying. They would want me to beat this world. They would want me to be happy. But how can I be happy?

"If you'd like, you can come stay with my group" Henry offers, and I shake my head.

"No. I don't think that would be a good idea. But thank you" Henry shakes his head.

"No. You should. You need others to help you. Let us". I shake my grand.

"No." He sighs. Just then the pipe breaks and the door opens, walkers coming through the door.

"Shit" I curse, and look around.

"Henry, can you jump far" He nods.

"Yeah I did track. Why?" I nudge my head.

"We need to jump to the building north, they have a huge balcony. Can you do it." He nods and runs to the edge of the roof, backing up a bit, and jumping across, perfectly. He turns and looks at me.

"Come on". I take a couple steps back, and run towards the edge, when my ankle catches hold of the ledge as I jump. Searing pain courses through me, and I barley make the jump. I'm hanging on, my upper body being the only thing holding on, and even that's starting to slip off. Henry runs towards me, grabbing onto my arms as I'm about to fall off the side. He pulls me over the side, and I lay there, not being able to stand.

"Are you alright?" Henry asks. I shake my head.

"I think I sprained my ankle."

"Here, I've got some medical tape in my backpack, I can get some for you and we can wrap it." I nod, and slowly take off my boot to see my ankle, throbbing and purple. I curse under my breath. If Henry wasn't here, I would have been dead for sure.

Henry pulls out a roll of medical tape, and slowly, but tightly, wraps my ankle. He stands up and takes a few steps back.

"We can stay here for a few days. I'll check out the apartment, he says as he goes for the door to the apartment. (Your on a balcony, and it connects to an apartment. Kinda confusing). 

"The doors locked" I shake my head.

"You'll have to break a window or something." He nods, and pulls out a bat from his bag. How did I not notice that. He walks towards the window, and smashed it open. He puts the bat away and pulls out a small gun. He is well equipped. But how?

He walks into the apartment, and a few minutes later, walks out the door.

"It's clear. We can stay here for a few days. Whoever lived here must have liked canned food. The pantry is stacked with them." At the mention of food, my stomach growls loudly.

"When was the last time you've eaten." Henry asks, concerned.

"Maybe a week ago?" His eyes widen. He walks over and helps me stand up, and putting most of my weight on him.

"Well then let's go get you something to eat and let you relax." I nod and we hobble into the apartment. Henry sets me down on the couch. God it feels wonderful, I haven't had comfort for months. He walks off towards the kitchen, and comes back with a can of chicken noodle soup.

"Sorry we can't warm it up, but I brought you some food" I nod, and take the can, and eat. It feels amazing to finally have a full stomach. Henry sits down next to me, eating as well.

"You know. I never got your name."

"(Y/N)" he nods. "I have a question. How are you so well equipped. The bat, and gun? And medical equipment?"

"Well, we had a sailor in our group, he always had a bat on him, he stated it was just in case his ship was attacked, I never knew what a bat would do however. And with the gun, we have an outlaw as well, and he wouldn't give me the archery set, so I got the gun." I nod. Seems like he has a crazy group.

"The medical supplies, my moms are going crazy trying to make sure I stay safe, so I have so much medical supplies, I'm pretty much a walking hospital." He jokes and I laugh softly. It's been so long since I've had a human companion, and it just so happens that the first guy I stumble upon is a cute boy. My dad would be angry at the thought of me even looking at a boy.

My dad....

Henry turns and looks at me, following my train of thought.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure your family is fine, they're strong people if they raised a girl like you." I nod, not realizing the compliment.

"You should sleep, I can take watch, I'll wake you if anything drastic happens." I nod.

"Wake me up in an hour so I can take over." He nods. And I relax, letting sleep take over.