Zombie AU Part 5

This covers dark topics in this part, just a warning.

______________________________

***(Y/N)'s POV***

"Come on (Y/N), we need to go" Henry says. I sigh and follow. Its been 2 months since (S/N) passed away. Its been 2 months of silence. I cannot muster enough courage to utter a single word. She was all I had in this world, and now there was nothing else for me to live for. The group doesn't seem to like me, as they don't need the extra mouth to feed. Besides they're probably happy that (S/N) is dead.

"(Y/N)?" Henry asks. I shake my head and stand up, following him quickly out of the house we had made our home for the past few days. As soon as I step foot outside the accursed room, I am swept up with emotion. The group has changed so much over the past few months. They've started showing less remorse, beginning to not care about anyone other than who was in the group, excluding me of course.

Emma stands at the door, a bloodied machete held in her hand, Regina was standing by the window, a pistol out and ready to be fired. Henry- Henry hasn't changed. He's still soft, and his parents had made him the medic of the group.

"(Y/N)?" Emma asks. I don't say anything. She seems to assume that I want to be left alone, and complies. We silently head out into the accursed world. After a couple hours of silent walking, Emma finally breaks it.

"We need to find a place for the night, but after it's right back on the road" she says quickly, and we all spread to find a safe place to stay for the night. Henry instantly locks arms with me. No one has said a word to me about (S/N) and I'm grateful. The only thing I know about her death is that it was to protect me, that the man was coming to get me, to kill me, and she stepped up and took the shot, she spoke up and made sure he wouldn't come to me. She's the bravest person I have ever known.

(S/N). If you can hear me, I'm sorry. I'll beat this world, for you.

"Anything on your mind?" Henry asks, lacing his fingers with mine. I didn't know what me and Henry were. We kissed a few times but we've never made it official or admitted we liked each other, if he even likes me, but I doubt he does. Who could ever love a broken girl like me?

"No, is there ever anything on my mind besides surviving this hell hole we call a life? Is it even worth it, surviving? There's nothing left of this horrid world. We're all going to die and end up like the walkers on the streets." I ramble on, not even realizing that Henry had stopped and was looking at me in complete and utter shock. I hadn't even realized I broke my vow of silence, that my voice was scratchy and fading from lack of use.

"Please tell me you're not implying to kill yourself?" Henry asks, his face showing countless emotions I cannot even begin to fathom. He hadn't even realized my mistake, he was just concerned about the words i was speaking.

"Mama aint raised no liar" I say, not meeting his eyes. I didn't want to make him feel like he wasn't enough, or that he could change my mind. Was it even worth fighting anymore?

"(Y/N)" is all he says, his voice cracking at the end of his 'sentence'. I shake my head, knowing what he was going to say. You're so strong or you can survive this or even my favorite, keep on fighting. News flash, I cant. I'm not worth it, after all, it is my fault that (S/N) is dead. If i was able to defend myself better then maybe she'd be alive.

"Don't you see Henry?" My voice strains, trying to force me to stop. "I'm not worth the air I breathe, or the food I eat. You should have left me that day. Taken (S/N) and gotten out of there" I say. "Thats why I've decided, its for the best that I leave. I'm just dragging you all down with my mourning, and I can see it in Emma's eyes. She doesn't like me." I say. Emma had been shooting me glares whenever I was near Henry, or when i was lagging behind everybody. She especially got mad when I wouldn't speak, easily getting irritated with me. "You don't have to tell anyone I left. Tell them i got bit and died. They'd probably rejoice." I say, as I stop walking and turn to face Henry. The boy has tears streaming down his face as he stares at me in absolute shock.

"You're kidding right? You think I'm actually going to let you leave?" He asks. "You leave, I leave. We're a package deal." I shake my head.

"Henry, you have a family here, don't let me take that from you. You can be happy, you could survive." I say. "Without you, there's no chance I could survive"

"I'm just a useless little girl with a crossbow. What could I do?" I ask.

"You know how many times you've saved my ass?" he asks. "And you made me fall for you. I've never felt this way about anyone". My heart stops.

"You cant love someone like me Henry" I say.

"Why the hell not?" He shouts, catching the attention of the rest of the group.

"Because Im toxic! Everyone around me, everyone I've ever loved has died. And I dont want you to be next!" I shake my head. "Just drop it" I ask him.

"Why the hell would I drop it. The girl I love just told me she loves me back" Of course the only thing he got from my statement is that I loved him. I shake my head and continue walking, and Henry follows, interlacing our fingers. I allowed him this, because tonight, while he was asleep, I was planning on leaving.

"We'll camp here for the night" Emma, the leader of the group, declares as we head into an old grocery store. We easily make small pallets of the little blankets we all carry. I lay mine down, planning to leave it here for them. I won't need it. I could always find another. "Ill take first watch. You all get some sleep" Emma says as she sets her pack down. Great, she was taking first watch. It'll be easier for me to leave.

Everyone settles into the pallet, and Henry pats the spot next to him, indicating that I should sit there. I shake my head and sit on the outside of the pallet, so I could make a quick exit. Next thing I know, I'm laying down and Henry's arms are around me. He traded spots with someone.

"(Y/N)" he whines. "I'm cold, keep me warm?" he has a smirk on his face. I shake my head.

"Get some rest Henry. We're going to need it with all the walking we've been doing" I say.

"Aren't you going to sleep too?"

"I'm not tired. I think I'm going to look around the store" He nods his head, and lets go of me, as he turns and closes his eyes.

"I love you (Y/N)" He says. I smile.

"I love you to Henry" I say as I stand up, and quietly grab my pack. I walk towards the door when Emma stops me.

"You're leaving?" she asks, concern written on her face. I just nod my head.

"I'm just dragging you guys down. You need to make it to the next town, and you wont with me slowing you down. So just let me go. Just make sure Henry is okay" I say, looking towards said boy, sleeping peacefully on the pallet. She nods her head.

"If you ever need us. You'll know where we are" I nod my head and open the doors, the little bell ringing. I take a step outside into the pitch black outside, and sigh quietly. I was going to miss them all. As I go to leave, a hand grabs me, spinning me around. Its Henry.

"Where the hell are you going?" He asks.

"I told you Henry, I'm leaving. Why are you awake?"I ask, not knowing why he was awake. He was asleep when I walked out the door. He shakes his head.

"I told you, you aren't leaving me. And Emma came to me after she talked to you. Told me I was the only one who was going to be able to stop you from leaving" Why was Emma trying to keep me with the group? I thought she hated me.

"She doesn't hate you. She loves you. You're just dating her only son. That's how mothers are" he says. That's when I hear it, the groans of a walker. I can barely make out its figure. It was going to bite Henry.

"Henry!" I shout, shoving him out of the way, but in the process, i feel a clamping down on my arm. Henry pulls out his knife and kills the thing. I fall to my knees. This couldn't be happening.

"(Y/N)! You saved me." He turns and looks at me. "(Y/N)" He asks. I knew there was no avoiding it.

"It- It was going to bite you Henry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I had no choice" I was shaking.

"(Y/N)? What on earth are you talking about?" He asks.

"Henry- I'm bit" I say.

______________________________
Please don't kill me, or on second thought, yeah no I've just finished basketball, let me live a bit before you do. But hey, I'm alive.