• THIRTY NINE •

Maine

"I love you Richard,"  I tell my husband, leaning the back of my head against his shoulder.  His arms are around me making me feel so secured and protected.  He kissed my temple as he gently sway us to the tune of Sparks.

"Hon, wake up.  I don't want you to burn. The sun is already high up."  I heard Richard's sweet voice caressing my ear, taking me out of my daydreaming.  I can still see so clearly the night of our wedding reception,  the food, the music, the guests, the fireworks, and the love. Our guests are still talking about it, even though it has been three months since it happened. 

I slowly opened my eyes and the face of my gorgeous husband greeted me.   I smiled, and reached up to him.  He helped me get up as I push my overly pregnant body up from the lounger.  I am a week away from giving birth and I am so ready to push this baby out.  I am always hot and in constant need of water, that's why I have to use the ladies room a lot.  

Today is different though.  I feel so good and comfortable.  Even the weather is cooperating, that's why I decided to just relax and lounge by the pool.  I don't feel as big as an elephant and that gave me the motivation to wear my two piece swimsuit. 

"Hey, you.  You're here."

"Yes, I am here.  God you look so sexy!  Let's go, I am taking you inside."

"Sexy? Where?" I look around, playfully.

"You just don't know how sexy you look right now, hon.  Two piece black swimsuit, sheer white open cover up, big dark sunglasses and a very pregnant belly.  Ugh! I cannot help myself hon, look!" He hissed, pointing at the tent on his crotch.  "Good thing we are in the privacy of our home, because if not, I will be probably be beating someone right now.  Don't wear this outfit outside okay?"

"Oh please, if we were outside, no one will even bother to look at me. You, on the other hand," I cupped his chin and kissed the tip of his nose, "is just madly in love with me, that's why you find me so sexy."

"That I will not agree, you are sexy hon.  Very pregnant but still super sexy. The madly in love part though is so true!"

"Okay, fine.   If you say so.  So, the twins are okay?" I asked.

"Yes, they are very excited for their sleepover with Angel.  It's funny because every time Angel talks to them, she has an accent."

Angel has been asking me, for the longest time, if Enzo and Katie can sleepover at their house in Laguna.  Last week, I finally agreed, but of course the nannies needs to be there too, and April and Riza said that they will be home as well.  So that gave me a little bit of assurance that the twins will be okay.

"When you left them, were they fine?" 

"Yes hon, they are.  Don't worry okay?  April said that she'll give us a Facetime call before they go to bed."

"Oh that's sweet of her."

"Hon, are you all right?"

"I am, I am just a little anxious.  This is the first time that I am not tucking them in.  I feel like they are growing up so fast.  My babies are now little kids."  I tell him, palming my face.

"Hey, don't worry.  They will be fine and besides, you can't stop them from growing up. You know what, just think of our little one in there," Richard said, eye pointing at my belly. We will have another baby to care for."

"You're right,  don't mind me, I am just having some mommy separation anxiety issues. Pregnant woman remember? Hormonal." I snorted.

"Ha ha ha. I know."  He gathered me in his arms, and lead me inside the house to our bedroom. "Why don't you take your shower, and then we will plan how are we going to spend our night, without the kids."