• THIRTY ONE •

Alden

"MamaTen can you call Maine.  I just want to check on her."  I take the water bottle he offered me and take a huge gulp.  My heart is beating so fast and I am so pumped up. The choreographer just asked for a break,  and I am glad. 

We have been rehearsing for two hours now for the special show that my home network is having and with the way things are going with the rehearsals,  I guess I am doing most of the show.  Well, what's new?

"Okay, pero tumawag na s'ya kanina.  Sabi nga nya na to call her pag tapos ka na, parang may itatanong ata." 

"Great, sige Ma, patawag na lang po."  I wipe my forehead with the towel Maine kept in my satchel.  Ever since we got back together, she always made sure that she takes care of all of my needs.  I love how she fusses over me and the twins and soon our new baby. 

She is fourteen weeks pregnant now but until now, we haven't told anyone yet.  She said she's going to tell once she's ready.  I let her be, because I learned from my readings that you do not mess with a pregnant woman.  But I also learned that pregnant woman's hormones is always raging.  I remember how she looked at me last night as I brought her to her peak and how she looked after, all disheveled but glowing.  I snickered at the thought.

"Hoy RJ, nagde-daydream ka na naman. O eto na si Maine."  MamaTen busted me, yet again.  I take the phone from him and made my way to  the side of the studio, away from the noise and everybody.

"Hi baby!"  I greeted my fiancée.

"Baby? Hi baby, someone's in a good mood."  Maine greeted back.

"You know you will always be my baby." I replied.

"Aww, that is so sweet!" I heard Pia screaming in the background.

"Am I on speaker?"  I asked.

"No, my volume is just loud."  Maine said, snickering.

"So, how is the wedding planner search going?"  I asked.

After we found out that we are pregnant again, we decided to get the wedding done sooner that we have planned.  And since we don't have enough time, Maine have made several appointments with wedding planners, since we know we will be needing all the help we can get.

We met with two yesterday, but as soon as she saw how the planner looked at me, she set her foot down and said no, right away.

And so today, she's meeting with three potential planners and because I am not available she asked Pia and April to go with her.

"It's okay, the first one is good,  she said she has done a few celebrity weddings, she looks promising."  She stopped and sighed, "but the other two is a no. I just don't see myself working with them.  The thing is I don't know if the first one will be a better choice, I mean her works are okay, and that's all there is, it's just okay." From the way her voice sounded, I can tell she is getting frustrated.

"Hey,  listen to me, we will hire a wedding planner soon.  You don't have to settle to one that you feel will be just an okay choice. I want to give you the best wedding, one that we will both cherish and will talk to our great-grandchildren about, okay?"  I tell her.

I am also frustrated because I can't be with her right now, so for now I have to soothe her by making her feel better with my words.  "Remember what you told me before?"