• THIRTY THREE •

Alden

"Daddy, can I go sit on the chair with you?"  Enzo asked, tugging the hem of my pullover.  "I wanna sit on yo' wap." 

I look at Reeza and raised my eyebrows. 

"Okay lang naman, you think approve yan kay Maine? 

"I think so, I'll give her a quick call."  I tell her.

I pull my phone from the front pocket of my jeans, dialing Maine's number.

"Hey, gorgeous."  She happily greeted.

"Hey gorgeous yourself.  How are you feeling?"

"A little better, still nauseous, but better.  What's up?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, just a heads up.  Enzo will be sitting with me on the panel.  He asked if he can and I thought it's okay.  I just want to let you know, you're watching right?"

"Yes I am. You look handsome, by the way." She tells me. It still tickles me every time she compliments me about my looks. And it just validates her admiration for me, and I love that.

"You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I am happy and I think my happiness just shows."

"And why are you happy?" She teased.

"Because I have you and I know that you love me. I have everything that I need."

"You got that right."

"I love you Maine."

"I love you more Richard."

God! I sure love this woman!

"Okay, so Enzo on the panel with me is okay?" I asked, letting out a very contented sigh.

"Yes, it's all right. And next time hon, you don't have to ask me. You're his father, you know what's best for him, for them."

"I know, but this kind of decision, I need to let you know. We are a team remember?"

"And I appreciate that, thank you."

"All right hon, I need to go. Reeza just gave me the signal."

"Okay, kiss Enzo and Katie for me."

"I will."

I ended the call and sat on the panel, placing Enzo on my lap.

"Just sit still Enzo okay? Mommy and the little baby is watching us at home. Smile at the camera."  I whispered to his ear.

"Mommy and my little baby sister can see me daddy?"

"Yes they can buddy."

"Can I wave at them daddy?"

"Yes you can, but only when daddy is talking."

"Okay."

The floor director gave us our cue and soon the cameras are rolling for the live TV.

When the screen switched to the remote location, I noticed Reeza signaling at me.

"What?" I mouthed. She pointed towards the side of the stage and there I saw MamaTen holding Katie in his arms, soothing her. She's crying.

"Naku, mukhang may isang cute na bata na nagtatampo kasi hindi sya kasali." One of the senior hosts commented.

"Oo nga bossing e."  I replied.