• THIRTY SEVEN •

Alden

The soft rustling of the crisp white sheet stirred me from my sleep, as a gentle breeze coming from the open windows caresses my cheek,  Maine's soft snoring soothing me. I let out a deep sigh and a smile started forming on my lips.  Sinking my head deeper on to the down pillow,  I slowly opened my eyes, the golden rays of the sun peeking from the curtains, greeting me happily.

Today is the day.

The day has finally came. Maine is going to marry me today. This gorgeous woman sleeping soundly beside me has agreed to be my wife.  I feel like I am the luckiest man on earth, heck, I am the luckiest man on earth! Sometimes, I still need to pinch myself to see if I am just dreaming.  But I am not!  Maine is really here and she is really pregnant with our third child. 

The happiness I felt ever since I found her again keeps on growing, I feel like I am going to burst sometimes because my body couldn't contain the excitement and happiness anymore.

I glanced at my sleeping fiancée and reached out to touch her smooth cheek with my index finger.  She moaned a little and let out a deep sigh but continue on sleeping, snuggling on my hand.   

"I am so in love with you, Maine.  I promise to love you forever,"  I whispered.  I pulled her against me and cuddled.  This is my favorite position when we are sleeping because I can feel her whole body against me, from head to toe. 

"Hmm..." Maine let out a sweet moan, turning her body so she's facing me.  I caress the back of her head so she can sleep some more.  It is still early,  the morning has just broken and we still have a lot of time before the day becomes busy.    And I still want a little more alone time with my fiancée before Erika, our wedding planner, whisks her away from me to prepare her for our wedding.

I am glad that Maine influenced me to agree to have our wedding reception here.  My initial plan was to give her a very big lavish wedding complete with all the works, but she asked me if we can have a small simple wedding with just her friends and my family.  I didn't agree at first, but when I see her disappointed, I tried to compromise instead.  So, in the end, we agreed to have a small but lavish wedding, and I asked if I can invite a few of my friends that eventually became our friends.

We had so much fun at the wedding rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner last night.  Most of our close friends who stayed will be staying tonight too, and most likely than not, a few of our day guests will probably stay too.  And that's why I am so glad we are holding the reception here at our summer home.  

But most of all, I had so much fun before we slept last night.  I love it when Maine is being playful in bed, I find it so sexy.  And the book I was reading is right, woman's sex drive during pregnancy is so high  and Maine is a living proof of that.  But hey, who am I to complain right?  I am here to serve and please my pregnant soon-to-be wife, and I am happy to obliged!

I snorted at my dirty musings.

"Hmm... what's going on?"  Maine murmured on my chest.

"Shh... Shh... It's nothing hon,  go back to sleep," I tell her, patting her butt.  "It's still early." 

"What are you laughing about?"  She lifted her head from my chest and scrunched her eyebrows at me, eyes still close.

"Nothing, shh.. go sleep," I whispered.

"You were snorting, tell me,"  she murmured.  She opened her right eye and stared at me.  And now she's awake.

"I was just having some dirty thoughts," I tell her,  wiggling my eyebrows at her.