• THIRTY EIGHT •

Maine

The car pulled in the church's driveway and stopped in front of the entrance doors.  The church grounds looks a little isolated except for Erika's crew, the photographer and the videographer assigned to me,  who now started filming again.   I look pass them and my eyes wandered around the area, the flower wall that Erika said she's going to put up is so beautiful, although it was meant to block the front of the church to the public, it blended so well with the decorations and floral arrangements she put outside.  I am sure it will photograph well. 

"Mommy!"  Enzo's tiny voice echoed through the steps and the covered driveway. 

Oh, my little man looks so dapper in his suit! His hair is swept to the side like his daddy's.

"Hey there sweetie! Come in here,"  I tell him as I open the car door.  

"Enzo!" Katie screamed.

"Hi Katie!" 

"Hewwo Enzo!"

"Mommy,  you are so beautiful," my adorable son tells me, caressing my cheek.

"Look here please," the photographer tells us, taking our photo.

"Say cheese!"  Katie blurted, giggling.  Enzo wrapped his short arms around my middle while Katie knelt behind me and gave my neck a hug,  placing her chin on my shoulder.  And we all say, "cheese!"

Oh, I know this will be a lovely picture.

"Sam did you get that too?"  I asked.

"Of course, I did!"  He replied back grinning, showing me the screen of his phone.

"Send that to me please."

"Sure will!"

"Oh my goodness!  Maine!  Your dress is now all wrinkled up!" Erika exclaimed as soon as she saw the twins hugging me.

"Ha ha ha,  it's okay Erika, it's just a dress," I laughed.  Erika is really stressing herself up.

"Give me the steamer, quick!"  She ordered.  One of her staff, immediately appeared at her side, producing a portable steamer.  "Okay, okay, out you go." 

"Leyn, can you take the twins, make sure they're just by my side okay?"

"Yes, ma'am."

Erika started steaming my skirt, as I walk up the front steps.  "Okay you're all good.  Perfect!"

The entourage has already started walking down the aisle, the song Richard chose for his march - Joshua Radin's Enough For You - has come to an end and soon the intro of the violin version of my wedding song - I Do by Suzie Suh started.

"Okay Enzo and Katie, we will walk now okay?" Erika instructed.  "Enzo stay at mommy's right side, and then Katie, stay on the left, make sure you walk slow, okay?"

"Okay Miss Ewika, just wike how we pwacticed yesterday?"

"Yes sweetheart, just like how we practiced yesterday,"  she tells him.  "Okay, places.  Let's roll."

Enzo and Kaite took their places and smiled. Oh my twins!  They already know how to smile at the camera. 

When I gaze up and look at the front of the altar, I saw Richard looking at us lovingly, his dimple so visible even from afar. 

He is happy.

As we started walking, my eyes never left Richard and he is doing the same thing, soon I felt tears falling down my cheeks.  I am smiling, grinning.   I couldn't help it.  This feeling overwhelming me.