• ONE •

Alden

"Please Sam! Isang araw lang, that's all I'm asking. Wala naman akong other commitments after my show. I don't think it will hurt me if I stay for one more day! I just want to explore the city!" I yammered at my handler, Sam.

I am in my hotel room in Rome and this is the only place I've been to, well aside from the concert hall, since I've arrived.  My show is tonight and we are leaving tomorrow afternoon.  I know I've been to Italy before, Milan to be exact, but not in Rome.

"I really, really want to explore the city.  Please Sam," I begged. I gazed at MamaTen, my personal assistant, who just shrugged.   There's really nothing he can do.

"I'm sorry Alden, pero my hands are tied. Sumusunod lang din ako sa management.   Our flight tomorrow is confirmed," Sam explained.

I sat on one of the guest chairs and combed my fingers through my hair. I am really so frustrated, but there's nothing I can do. I leaned on the the backrest and sighed in defeat.

I am a very famous actor and a singer. I endorse a lot of products. I am a host for several shows, and I also own a few businesses back home. I have been doing this for four years now, so in short I am a very busy busy man.

A movement by the bathroom doorway caught my attention. The housekeeper has just finished replenishing the towels and is gathering the soiled ones sitting on the bathroom floor.

She grabs everything in a pile and walked out towards the hotel room door. Glancing up at me, she smiled and tilted her head, acknowledging me.

Hmm... Filipina, I thought.

She is probably a fan and is coming to my show tonight.

I brushed the thought and walked inside the freshly cleaned bathroom. Removing my clothes, I stepped in the shower to start preparing for the show tonight.

There's really nothing anyone can do for me.

~~~~~>•<~~~~~

"Maraming, maraming salamat po sa suporta! Thank you all so much for being here!" I waved at the crowd and took a bow.

I filled up the hall, as expected. I was told that the concert tickets were oversold, that we have a standing room only event.

I waved at my screaming fans one last time as security whisked me towards the backstage and I was again inside my dressing room.

"Good show Alden!" one of the promoters approached me, giving me a high-five.

I am so glad that my show is a success, and everyone is happy. Well, except me, I am still upset about the fact that I am going home tomorrow without even exploring the city. The story of my life, what else is new?

I let out a sigh and slouched back on my chair. I guess that's all I can do at this point, sulk!

"Alden, ready na for the meet and greet?" Sam asked, as the make-up artist approach me to retouch my make up. I am sweating and tired and thirsty.

"Yes, I am. Lets get this over and done with" I said, mumbling the last part.

I left the dressing room and sat on the table that was set up for this part of the event. Twenty five lucky fans were drawn before the show started to come backstage to meet me.