• EIGHT •

Alden

Katie and Enzo.

They are my kids.

They are mine. 

Lukso ng dugo, that's what it is. I had this sudden feeling of warmness and yearning all over me.

I knew it the minute I saw the bracelet, and felt it as soon as I saw Maine carrying Enzo on her hip.

She is beautiful, just like I remembered her four years ago. And the feeling I felt was just like the first time I laid my eyes on her in Rome.

And the emotions I experienced when I had her in my arms?  It's like it was just yesterday when we were roaming the streets of Rome.  I still felt that same happiness,  nothing's changed.

But for some reason, I am a little bothered, the way Maine sobbed uncontrollably on my chest when she saw me, when I hugged her.  It's like she's so glad to see me, but why did she become awkward after that?

"Mom!  I am weally hungwy! Can we eat now?"  Enzo whined, jerking me out of my thoughts.  He is sitting on the floor, by my foot.

Oh God!  I love them already. I find the way they talk so adorable.  They have a very tiny voice with a heavy American accent.

I pat the top of his head and he seemed to like it. He smiled and gazed up at me.

I throw a side glance at Maine who is so busy preparing lunch.

"Maine, do you need help?"  I asked. 

She looks so beautiful in the kitchen.  I can tell that she really loves to take care of the twins.  I can see it in her eyes.

I see her lips twitching, as if she'll mumbling to herself.

"Oh no, I am good.  I am just finishing here and then we can all eat."  She answered.

"Mister Wichard?" Katie said, calling me out.

"Yes, Katie?" I replied. She is such a charming girl. I know when she grows up, men will be frolicking around her.

Oh dear God, just thinking about it, makes me want to enter her in a convent. Maybe when she is a little bit older, I can start talking to her about being a nun. Yes, that's what I am going to do.

"Do you like Twolls?" She asked.

"I know about Trolls Katie, they are the creatures that have colorful hair, right?"

"Yes and my mommy said that Twolls are happy cweatures, but the bad big cweatures wants to eat them because they want to be happy too." She explained, whining.

Wow, my kids are smart!

Good thing they take that after their mommy.

"But I don't want them to eat the Twolls, Mister Wichard!" Katie whined, her face so sad and forlorn.

Oh, isn't she the cutest!

"Well maybe later, when we watch it, we can help them, so they won't be eaten by the bad creatures. How about that?" I assured her.