• THIRTY TWO •

Maine

"What do you think of this?"  Richard glanced up from his iPad and look at what I am showing him.

"I don't like the dark gray because of the buttons but I do love that other gray it looks so much like mines."  He answered.

"It's actually purplish gray.  But anyway, yeah I love this too." I leapt from the wingback chair to the bed where he is sitting.

"Hon naman, be careful please. You're pregnant." Richard tells me. 

I pouted and gave him a sad eyes.

"O, ayan na naman. 'Wag na magtampo. I just want you to be careful." He looked at me with concern.  Little by little I am beginning to understand some of the Filipino words, although I am still having a difficult time trying to speak it.

"I am tampow, I was going to give you a kiss, but you reprimanded me instead." I tell him, lowering my eyes, moving away from him.

"I'm sorry, come here. I didn't mean it that way, I just want you to be extra careful." I didn't budge, instead I inched myself away from him.

"O, 'wag naman ganyan.  Come here," he moved closer to me, lifting me to his lap and circling his arms around me.  "You know, I don't mean it that way.  I just want you to be more careful and you know how overprotective I can get. Come on, kiss me na, mahal ko." 

Ugh! How can I stay upset to his beautiful face and sweet ways?  I mused.

I gave him his kiss and nuzzled his chest.  I can live here. 

"So, are you set with that suit for Enzo?" 

"Yes, isn't this cute?  He will look so dashing like his dad when he walk down the aisle with our rings."  I can already imagine Enzo walking towards the altar, making the women swoon with his suit.

"I am sure he will."

"Hon, I want to tell Enzo and Katie about little peanut today."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, because I want to tell the family tonight, after dinner.  Is that okay?" 

"It's fine to me.  I'm sure everyone will be excited and happy."

"Okay, let me call them."  I said, getting up from Richard's lap, but he prevented me by tightening his hold.

"I'll just give Leda a call.  We have installed a home intercom system remember?"  He winked, picking up the bedside phone and told Leda to let the nanny bring the twins to our bedroom.

A few minutes later, we heard tiny footsteps running on the carpeted hallway. And soon the bedroom door burst open and in comes Katie, followed by Enzo.

"Daddy!" Katie shrieked.  She has been extra happy ever since we came here, always laughing and giggling.

"Hey princess!" Richard greeted her.  Katie removed her shoes and jumped on the bed.

"Katie, I wet you go in first, but you didn't thank me."  Enzo complained, his whole face pouting.  My son is so freaking adorable!

"I'm sowwy Enzo, thank you!"  Katie said, she hopped out of the bed and gave his brother a hug and a kiss.  And that put a smile on my Enzo's adorable face.

"Okay, you both,  come here, mommy and daddy has something to tell you." Richard ordered them.  I start to move away from his lap but he prevented me again, instead he placed Enzo on his other leg and Katie on mine, so we are all sitting on him, his arms around us, cocooning us all.