Chapter 57

Y/N'S POV

  A few weeks later, I was released from the hospital and Jade was able to come home, too. Luckily, Clark and I had kept her a secret from the League, since we still wanted to have the surprise party for Jade.
  Jade was the happiest little thing when she saw Krypto for the first time. I was holding Krypto in my arms, while Clark was holding Jade in his own. Jade cried at first, but then she slowly started to reach her little hands towards Krypto.

  Krypto barked and Jade finally touched his nose, before Krypto leaned into Jade's hand. Clark smiled at them. Clark carried Jade inside, while I fixed some food for Krypto and brought it outside to him.

  Krypto licked my face and I giggled saying,"You're welcome, Krypto. I love you, too."

  Krypto, then leaned back down and continued to eat his food.

  I got back up and headed inside, before Clark asked me,"Sweetheart, where is Jade's bottle?"

  I jogged into the kitchen and made Jade another bottle, before I handed it to Clark and fixed the blanket on his shoulder. Clark kissed me in thank you, while Jade stared at me.

  I smiled down at Jade and said,"Clark, are you ready?"

  Clark looked up at me and asked me,"Ready for what, Y/N?"

  I leaned on the sofa saying,"Ready to be the father Jade needs you to be. She will need Clark Kent, not Superman. I mean, that is a great thing to put on your resume about being related to Superman, but she will need a hero that can help her with her homework."

  I noticed the look on Clark's face and I kissed his jaw saying,"Don't worry, Kansas. I will be right here with you to help you out. Luckily, you are amazing at being a role model, so Jade will have much to look up to. Do you need me to take her?"

  Clark nodded and I gently took Jade from Clark, before I sat down on the sofa and fed Jade the rest of her bottle. While Jade was drinking her milk, she held my finger and would spit out her milk.

  I laughed and wiped her chin, before I put her bottle on the table and gave Jade a kiss saying,"You are so going to be a Mommy's girl. Who cares about Superman?"

  Clark cleared his throat and I smirked saying,"Then again, where else are you going to find a man who actually likes to cook and clean..That is a real man."

  Clark playfully rolled his eyes, and I gently started to rock Jade. I could tell she was getting tired by the way she slowly close her eyes and open them again at seeing Clark right beside her.

  Clark loosened the blanket a little around Jade to make sure she was not squished out.

   I turned to Clark and asked him,"When do we want to have the surprise party for Jade?"

  Clark smiled down at Jade, who was know sleeping and still holding on to my finger.

  Clark responded with,"How about next week? That should give us enough time to contact everyone, get all the food we need, and have everyone together."

  I nodded saying,"That's perfect. Normally, we would probably need more time, but we can make it work. I don't want Jade to be overwhelmed."

  Clark nodded and I got up, before I carefully carried Jade up the stairs. Clark put his hands on my waist and I smiled, knowing he was doing it to make I did not fall with Jade.
  Once we made it to our bedroom, I gently laid Jade down in her bed and made sure her baby monitor was okay. I rested my hands on the bars around her bed, while Clark wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head.

  I smiled saying,"I don't know what I would do if I was married to someone else, instead of you.."

  Clark said,"The same would go for you, Mrs. Kent. There is no Superman without Y/N L/N." ( See what I did there;)

  I blushed and laughed saying,"Right, Kent. You would have still been Superman, whether you knew me or not. Trust me, Clark, helping people is just your nature. You can not just not help people. It's what you do, Man of Steel, and it is why I fell in love with you, Clark. It was not because of your amazing looks or the fact that you have all of the above.."

  Clark laughed and stroked my cheek saying,"Darling, I love you, more. There were many reasons I fell in love with you, but we better get some sleep. We have some planning to do and a week is already pushing it."

  I smiled and sat down on the bed, before I waited for Clark to lay down.

  When he did, I rested my head on his chest and said,"Night, Clark. Love you."

  Clark kissed me softly, before he slowly pulled away saying,"Good night. I love you, too. Wake me up if you need anything, okay?"

  I nodded and Clark kissed my hand, before he laid back down and closed his eyes. I got up and checked on Jade one more time, before I got back in the bed and fell asleep.