Chapter 37

It was the Fortress of Solitude! I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense to anybody, but it does match the description if you really think about it. The Fortress of Solitude has attracted everyone from Supergirl to Doomsday.

   CLARK'S POV

  When I gazed at Y/N, to check on her, she seemed to be falling asleep again. She had woken up a few times already, but I had to make her go back to sleep again. I didn't want her to be completely exhausted, because I wanted this to be perfect.
  We couldn't enjoy it, if Y/N was sleeping the whole time. I just smiled and gently tapped on the wheel, before I made a turn and continued down another long road.

  After a while, I decided to park as closest as I could to our destination, which was a little harder to do with the storm ahead. I stepped out of the car and walked over to Y/N's side, before I got her things and carried her, too. She wasn't very heavy, which made me able to carry so much stuff.
  Once I flew off, Y/N immediately sneezed and I laughed deeply. She hit my shoulder, before she snuggled into me. I smiled and kissed her forehead, while I gently put her down in a bed. I had it made out of the strongest ice in the Fortress of Solitude.

  Y/N turned on her side and I went to leave, but she pulled me back saying,"Lay with me, please?"

  I smiled and got in behind Y/N, while she wrapped my arms around herself. She got as close to me as she could, before I found myself finally getting the rest that I knew I needed all along.

   HOURS LATER..

   Y/N'S POV

  I woke up to being tight in Clark's arms. Clark moved slightly, but held me tighter. I smiled and kissed his jaw, before I looked around and finally noticed where we were. We were at THE Fortress of Solitude!!! I had a feeling Clark was gonna take me here, but only because I asked him to a long time ago.
  He always wanted to, but work always came up. I just smiled at the fact that Clark kept his word to me and didn't want to let me down. He had had it rough lately, so I really appreciated this more than anything right now.

  Speaking of Clark, he slowly woke up after I did. I noticed he was in his Superman outfit or costume, whichever one you wanna go by, and I couldn't help but stare and smile at the same time.

  Clark chuckled and reached for my hands saying,"I take it you've finally noticed where you are, huh?"

  I nodded and sent him a genuine smile saying,"Yeah and you bringing me here really means the world to me, Clark. You didn't have to, but you did, which really makes me feel amazing and blessed on the inside."

  Superman walked over to me and intertwined his fingers with mine saying,"I'd do anything to make you feel special, because you are to me. It didn't take me long to realize that I was ready to bring you into all of this and I know you'd never betray my trust."

  I smiled up at him, before Superman leaned in and went to kiss me. I leaned in, too, but he pulled away after hearing something. Well I think he did, because he turned his head almost like a deer when it senses movement or someone close.
  Superman let go of me, before he carefully made his way towards the entrance. I took a few steps back, only to hear a familiar bark and Krypto attack Clark. We both sighed in relief, but Krypto really scared me for a minute..

  Krypto ran to me next and I smiled, before I rubbed his head. He leaned into my touch and tried to give me a high five, which we were still working on. Superman just smiled at us, before Krypto ran off.

  I was worried about him, before Clark held me back saying,"He'll be all right, Y/N. Krypto has been here thousands of times. He's safe, I promise. Now, close your eyes and don't peek."

  I nodded and closed my eyes, while Clark picked me up and flew me somewhere else in the Fortress.

  He gently sat me down in what I felt was a chair, before he calmly said,"Open.."

  I obeyed Clark's orders, before I was met with the most beautiful yet romantic dinner before me.

  Superman chuckled saying,"Well, do you like it? I didn't do too much because I know you don't like feeling overwhelmed."

  Tears threatened to fall, but I wasn't going to cry this time.

  I stayed strong and said,"Yes..this is perfect. Thanks, Clark."

  Superman nodded and kissed my nose, before he sat across from me. It was quiet at first, but I was really hungry and needed something to eat. I instantly dug in, which made Clark smile and clear his throat.

  I blushed and said,"Oh, uh..sorry, Kansas. I was just-"

  Clark cut me off by closing my mouth and saying,"It's okay, darling, relax. Just slow down and try to enjoy it more, okay?"

  I giggled and nodded, before I slowed down and noticed Clark's eyes on me almost as if he was waiting to say something. I looked up and gave him my full attention, while Superman stood up. He held out his hands for me.

  I smiled and put my hands in his, before he looked down at me and smiled saying,"You really are shorter than me, aren't you?"

  I immediately sighed in defeat and groaned looking away. I felt warm lips on cheek, while Superman brought me closer.

  He buried his face in my neck and softly placed a kiss there saying,"Don't worry, it makes it easier for me to love you. I'd hate to have to struggle to hold you, even though you are a bit stubborn."

  I blushed at Clark's words, but I chuckled and punched his shoulder lightly saying,"Yeah, Kansas, I get it. Do you remember what life was like before you met me?"

  Superman bent his head down and put his forehead on mine while closing his eyes saying,"Yes, but it wasn't as enjoyable without you. You're my world and I love you so much."

  I smiled and brought Clark's hand to my heart saying,"I love you, most, Clark. I love you, most. So, what's next?"

  Superman gave me a look, and I just giggled.

  He laughed and kissed my forehead saying,"We get some rest and wait till tomorrow comes."

  Superman carried me over to the bed made of beautiful crystal, while I just stood and admired it again. He gently pulled me down with him and intertwined his fingers with mine, before I snuggled into him and played with his suit until I fell asleep.