Chapter 21

By reading everyone's pleading comments, I didn't kill off Superman. Pheww, I'm happy I didn't have to do that, because I would've been crying or something by the time I finished the chapter!! I hope you guys love and prefer this one, though.

    Y/N'S POV

   As I made my way inside the church, I heard Batman yell,"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!!"

   I noticed Superman and gasped at the sight.

   I ran towards him and yelled,"STOP, PLEASE STOP!!"

   I rushed to Superman's side, and Batman angrily yelled again,"WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!!"

   I managed to control my breathing and softly said,"Bruce, it's his mother's name. It's his mother's name.."

   Batman slowly moved away from Clark and threw the stick. I checked Clark over, before I helped him up. I could see the hurt look in Bruce's eyes, but I waved it off. There was too much at stake now for Bruce trying to feel bad for me..

   Superman said,"Luthor wanted your life for hers..She's losing time."

   I said,"That building is drawing power from the city. It has to be Lex."

   Clark went to leave, but Bruce held him back and said,"Wait, I will make you a promise: Martha will not die tonight."

   Clark looked at Bruce for a minute, before he gave him a nod in thank you. I cupped Clark's face and gave him a quick kiss, before he looked at me and flew off. Now, it was just Batman and I.

   I turned and said,"This is really awkward, Bruce. You kicked his butt, but I will get you back for it later."

   Batman chuckled, and I put my hands on my hips saying,"You think this is funny, Batman? Well, we will see who is laughing, when I show you who has skills."

   Batman shook his head and said,"What skills?"

   Oh, so now Bruce wanted to be funny?

   I rolled my eyes and said,"Next time, I will be ready for you, Batman. Between you and me, not bad.."

   Batman fist-bumped me, before he said,"You always lighten up a mood, don't you? Shouldn't you be doing something?"

   I acted like I was about to leave, but I pushed Batman over and ran out of the church. I went to leave but almost forgot something. I ran back inside and grabbed the stick thing and threw the stick inside the water.

    LEX'S POV

   As I checked my timer, I realized we were not on schedule. I sighed in disappointment and heard a familiar crash through the roof.

   I said,"Late, late, late says the White Rabbit. Out of tricks, out of time, and one Bathead short.."

   Superman crossed his arms, before I heard the timer go off.

   I went over to it and said," Ah!! That will be the cook! Uh, Gotham roast done. Hello, break the bad news."

   Batman's voice came over saying,"I'd rather do the breaking in person."

   I immediately frowned and said,"I can not let you win! I gave the Bat a chance to do it, but he was not strong enough! If man will not do it, then the devil will do it.."

    CLARK'S POV

   As I looked at the creature, Lex started ranting about how it was made from his own flesh and blood. He called it, Doomsday. As Doomsday went to punch him, I immediately got in front of Lex and blocked it. Doomsday got angry and grabbed me, before he threw me towards a wall.
I got back up, only for Doomsday to throw a huge block at me and threw me into one of the buildings.

   I struggled to get back up, before Doomsday grabbed me and tightened his grip around my neck. I groaned in pain and did my best to hold on. Lex must have used some sort of cut-edge technology, or maybe even generations to come.
   I knew he was crazy, but not this crazy. I immediately snapped out of my thoughts and stopped Doomsday's fist from connecting with my face. I caught his hand, before I punched him towards a nearby building. Doomsday roared in anger, before he headed towards my direction.

   Think, Clark, think. Doomsday's been programmed, well made to be smarter and better than I ever was. That was what your worst enemy was for, right? That was not always the case, but it was my hypothesis.
   I immediately spotted Bruce trying to distract Doomsday. I smiled to myself, but then I realized something. Y/N..she was drowning. I immediately frowned and flew towards the rubble, before I moved the cement as fast as I could.

   I pulled Y/N out, but Y/N felt weaker. Y/N started coughing, but she was going to be okay. Y/N suddenly opened her eyes and I tried my hardest to fight the kryptonite off. I fell back, before I noticed Y/N get up.

    Y/N'S POV

   After I got back up, I noticed Clark choking and looked towards the kryptonite stick-thingy. Why couldn't I just know the name? Anyways, I grabbed it and threw it to the side. I leaned over Superman and cupped his face, before his soft blue eyes met my worried, yet sensitive E/C ones.

   Superman looked over at me and kissed me passionately. I kissed back and looked at him in confusion.

   Superman slowly pulled away and said,"I love you, Y/N. I will be okay.."

   I nodded and let go of Clark, before he grabbed the kryptonite and flew towards Doomsday. Superman jabbed it into Doomsday, while Doomsday cried out in pain. Superman managed to hold on, and I noticed Diana using her Lasso to keep Doomsday restricted.
   Superman held it in there for as long as he could, but Doomsday got him in the side. Batman and Wonder Woman managed to watch Doomsday get taken down, before I ran over to Superman's side.

   Batman kneeled down beside me, while Diana checked Clark's pulse. I kept strong as I waited for Diana's answer. When she sent me a small smile, I knew it was not over yet.
   I could not help but smile as well and moved Clark's hair out of his face, before Batman managed to get him some well-trusted medical attention.