Chapter 2

Y/N'S POV

  After Clark and I returned to the Daily Planet, Jimmy ran up to us with a smirk on his face.

  I rolled my eyes and sighed saying,"No, Olsen, we are not together.."

  Jimmy nodded, but he still did not seem convinced. I just chuckled pushing him over, before Lois walked over to Clark and I. She rolled her eyes at me, and I just gave her a blank look.

  Clark cleared his throat and said,"So, what do you need, Lois?"

  I was about to ask the same thing, but in a meaner way. Thank God for Clark Kent, because Lois was really getting on my nerves..She kissed Clark's Kent, and I could see a blush form on his cheeks.
  For some reason, I felt something inside of me feel a little different. I just pushed it aside and walked away, before I went back to my desk.

  I noticed the flowers on my desk and picked up the vase. I looked inside the vase and noticed a note in it.

  I carefully took it out while it read," I am in need of your assistance. I was hoping maybe we could meet? You will know where to find me,

   From,

Superman.

  I just smiled at the note, and I heard someone say,"I see someone got a note from Superman. What is in it?"

  Clark seemed like he really wanted to know, which was not like him.

  I just shook it off and said,"Superman needs my help; he asked me to meet him at the usual spot. No, Kent, we are not a thing.."

  Clark chuckled and nodded saying,"I was just wondering. I just want you to be happy again."

  I put my hand on Clark's face saying,"I am fine, Kent. I am happy having people like you and Jimmy around. Trust me, I do not want too many people around me..Certain people I can not stand.."

  I "accidentally" looked in Lois' direction and Clark sighed saying,"Why don't the two of you like each other? What happened?"

  I mumbled under my breath,"Maybe if she would stop getting herself thrown off buildings and intentionally going towards danger, then I would like her. Kent, you will never understand.."

  Clark gave me sympathetic eyes and gently grabbed my arm saying,"What else are you not telling me, Y/N? There has to be something more than what you are telling me.."

  I shook my head and had a hard time coming up with something. I just shook my head again and said goodbye to Clark, before I headed back to my house.  
  Once I arrived at home, my best friend, Amber, was sitting on my couch. She had on pajamas and was watching Kim Possible.

  I chuckled and then stood in front of the T.V. If I were Amber right now, I would have been so angry for making me miss my favorite show..Amber pouted and tried to look over me.

  I giggled and move to the side saying,"So, how long have you been here, exactly?"

  Amber thought about it and said,"A few days, I think.."

  I sat down beside her and said,"You know that eventually Matt will come looking for you, right? You were only supposed to be here for our girl's day, but I see that was not enough for you."

  Amber hit my shoulder, while I chuckled heading up the stairs. I got undressed and into my robe, before I walked out to the terrace.

  I felt a familiar breeze across my S/C skin, and I turned to see Superman land perfectly on my terrace.

  He sent me a soft smile and nodded saying,"It is nice to see you again, Y/N. How have you been?"

  I smiled back and walked up beside him saying,"Fine, just dealing with some things..What do you need this time, Man of Steel?"

  Superman chuckled at his nickname, but he held out a file towards me in his right hand.

  I went to take it from him, but he held it tightly saying,"Now, what kind of a gentleman would I be, if I just threw this on you? That does not seem very nice, does it? I was hoping that we could.."

  Superman cleared his throat, and I held in a giggle.

  I smiled warmly at him saying,"I would love to help you, Superman. It is no problem, really..I will handle myself, I promise. When do we start?"

  Superman chuckled and looked down at me saying,"We start tomorrow, but I will be more than happy to come and get you."

  I blushed at the thought of Superman giving me a ride, but I did not want to waste his time. Why would he want to take me out somewhere, when Lois was right down the street? Yes, I did have insecurities, but I had to work on them.

  If you didn't have them, good for you..

  It was like he could sense my hesitance and sudden depression, because Superman lifted my chin and his blue eyes stared into my eyes saying,"Y/N, do not let your insecurities get the best of you. I know Ms. Lane and you do not always get along, but I would never leave you. You are whom I come to for support and help, and I can not risk losing you, too. Just know, that I will always be One Call Away."

  I nodded saying,"Aww, that is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me..I..I promise to do everything I can for you.."

  Superman pulled me in for a hug, and his muscles seemed to relax under my touch. I smiled at the fact, before I hugged him back.

  He kissed my forehead and said,"You better get some sleep, Ms. L/N. I will see you in the morning.."

  I nodded and took a step back. Superman sent me a wink and flew off. I had to lean on the door frame, just so I would not faint from his captivating charm.