Chapter 43

Y/N'S POV

  Once we made it to the after-party, I smiled at seeing that everyone could stay. It was good to see family that I hadn't seen in forever, even though my grandmother scolded me for a little bit about not coming over.
  Mom just stood there smiling and laughing, which made me just take a deep breath and focus on talking with Diana.

  Diana smiled at me and said,"Congratulations, Y/N, I'm happy for you. How was it like seeing your father again?"

  I looked over at Dad and his eyes almost caught mine, but I noticed he was looking at Mom. Right, they hadn't talked in years, well they don't have the connection they used to. I think the only thing that kept them together was me and maybe I should do something about that.

  As I went to say something to my cousin, someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned to see my Dad.

  He sent me a smile and held out his hand saying,"May I?"

  I smiled back and nodded saying,"Yes, you may. Dad, if it makes you uncomfortable, you really don't have to.."

  Dad shook his head and pulled me towards the floor, before he held out one hand for me. I slowly rested the other on his shoulder.

  Dad smiled and joked saying,"I knew I should've made you wait till you were at least 30."

  I playfully rolled my eyes and giggled saying honestly,"I don't think I would've lasted that long, Dad, but I'm glad I didn't have to wait that long. Dad?"

  Dad hmmed in response and I noticed Mom's boyfriend had walked into the party. I was confused as to why he was here, because there was a reason I didn't invite him here. Maybe it's because, deep down, I prayed so hard for my Dad to be here and finally get this chance to see me, but now he's here...

  I knew my Dad had lost some confidence at seeing Mom's boyfriend here, which caused him to loosen his grip around me.

  He sighed saying,"Right, he probably wants time with you, too. I'll sit with-"

  I stopped Dad from talking and hugged him tightly, before he hugged back.

  He whispered,"What's this for, darling?"

  I used to love when Dad called me that. It made me feel like he would never have to worry about losing me, but he already felt this way.

  I hugged him tighter and said feeling broken on the inside,"Please don't go. I promise I didn't know he was coming and I don't want to lose you again. I want you in my life so badly.."

  Dad rubbed my back, before he said,"I promise I'm not going anywhere. Hey, don't mess up your makeup. What did I tell you about that anyway?"

  I blushed in embarrassment and looked down mumbling,"Dad, not in public. That's none of their business. Mom will make fun of me.."

 Dad chuckled, which made me smile at him.

  Dad smiled back before he said,"Don't worry, it stays between us and it always will. Hey, I don't need to threaten this guy, do I? Show him how your old man works.."

  I sighed and said,"Dad, please don't scare off Clark. He's a great guy and many girls want him, but I'm extremely glad and grateful that he's mine. Dad, trust me, he's who I need in my life. Trust me, like I've always trusted you. I hope you won't forget that."

  Dad nodded and pulled me in for another hug, before he chuckled saying,"Can you even dance?"

  I hit Dad's shoulder and joked saying,"Better than you, old man. Are you challenging me?"

  Dad smirked and shrugged, before I motioned for the DJ to play something good and I meant it. When my jam came on (whatever your jam is..), I made everyone step aside and did my thing.

  I could feel Dad holding in a laugh, while everyone else cheered me on and tried to catch up with my amazing skills. They weren't ready for this..
  When it was Dad's turn, he had some skills I had forgotten about.

  When our little competition was over, Dad ended up winning, but held out his hand for me and said,"Hey, you did great, honey, and I'm reminded of how much you've grown."

  When Dad put his hand on his face, I knew he was about to cry. Everyone awwed, before I smiled and hugged him as tight as I could. Eventually, the party had to end, but not before Clark and I had our dance.

  I let everyone come on the floor, while Clark wrapped his arms around me and said,"I love how beautiful you look, darling. That dress fits you and I hope you realize how lucky I am to have you."

  "Aww, thanks, Kansas, but you know what I need.."

  Clark chuckled and gave me a kiss, before I kissed back and brought Clark closer.

  He smiled in the kiss, before I giggled saying,"Kansas, I hope our honeymoon is as good as this kiss."