Chapter 19

Y/N'S POV

  As I sat at my desk, I looked at the photo that Clark and I took a few months ago. I sighed and picked it up, because I was really worried about him. I had not seen him in some hours now, and he was really scaring me. More than before..

  Perry walked by my desk and said,"Still no Kent?"

  I shook my head and sadly said,"No."

 I sighed and looked down, but I was going to do my best to stay focused and get my job done. Who was I kidding? I was so worried about Clark that I could not keep my hands away from my mouth. It was a habit of mine, but everyone had their own when it came to stress and anxiety.

   CLARK'S POV

  As I walked up the mountain, I saw a familiar figure by the rocks. I walked closer and saw Dad moving some rocks.

  He calmly said,"I remember one season the water came bad. I couldn't have been 12. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked till I think I fainted."

  Dad chuckled for a second, before he said,"But we managed to stop the water; We saved the farm. Your grandmother made me a cake. She said I was a hero. Later that day, we found out we blocked the water all right. We sent it upstream. The whole farm washed away. While I ate my "hero" cake, their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep."

  I took a deep breath and looked down saying,"Did the nightmares ever stop?"

  Dad looked up and said,"Yeah, when I met your mother. She gave me faith that there was some good in this world. She was my world. I miss you, son."

  I looked up at the sky and said,"I miss you, too, Dad."

    BRUCE'S POV

  While I looked at my parents' stones, I heard footsteps. I knew it was Alfred, so I did not say anything.

  Alfred said,"You know you can not win this, right? It is suicide.."

  I sighed and said,"I am much older now than my father ever was. This may be the only thing I do that matters."

  Alfred said,"20 years of fighting criminals amounts to nothing?"

  I replied saying,"Criminals are like weeds, Alfred. Put one up, another one grows in it's place. This is about the future of the world; it's my legacy. You know my father sat me down right here. Told me what Wayne Manor was built on."

  Alfred cut me off saying,"Railroads, real estates, and oil."

  I smiled saying,"The first generation made their fortune trading with the French: pelts, skins. They were hunters.."

  I made my way out, before I got ready for the day that I have been waiting years to come.

    Y/N'S POV

  As I made my way on to the elevator, it was really quiet. I saw a few workers walk by, but I was not really interested in them. Once it made it to the bottom, I carefully stepped off.
  I went to walk out, but I turned and noticed something familiar about the worker.

  I made my way towards him and said,"Excuse me, don't I know-"

  When he turned around, I immediately regretted opening my mouth. He roughly grabbed my arm, and I tried to get out of his grip. It was no use, so I stood down and he led me to this plane.
  I noticed us leaving the air and in a matter of seconds, we landed on top of a building. The guy pointed a gun at me, and I made my out of the plane. I spotted Lex and immediately cursed under my breath. Anyone but him..

  He sighed and put his hands on his hips saying,"Y/N L/N. Come see the view."

  Lex put his arm around my shoulder and led me towards the edge.

  He said,"Now, the secret to the height is the building material. It is light metals. Let's sway a bit in the wind.."

  Lex turned to me and said,"You know something about LexCorp metals, don't you Ms. L/N?"

   I got in his face and said,"I have proven what you have done."

  Lex looked up and said,"Oo, you are feisty! Unfortunately, that will go away..Like sand in the desert.."

  I rolled my eyes and said,"You are psychotic, and you really need help. I have a list of doctors do you want it now?"

  Lex chuckled and said,"You are rude, I love it!!"

   Lex went on talking about circles, and I immediately tuned him out.

  I did not listen, until he got to the point where he said,"The straightest point leads to Superman. It is the prettiest thing."

  As Lex moved behind me, I could feel his breath on my neck.

  Then, he said,"That is you, Y/N."

  Lex pushed me, before I screamed and could not believe this was happening. I closed my eyes and waited for impact, but strong arms wrapped around me. Superman.