Chapter 11

Y/N'S POV

   Once we arrived at the party, Clark immediately helped me out and linked his arm with mine. I kissed his cheek in thank you, yet I held on tightly to his arm. Clark whispered encouraging words in my ear, before we made our way inside.
   There were large groups of people around. I spotted Lex Luthor talking to a group of businessmen, while Clark led us over to the table. He poured me some punch and handed it to me carefully. I smiled and gave him a kiss in thank you, before someone cleared their throat.

   I rolled my eyes in annoyance, and Clark gently hit my side. I sighed and leaned on his arm while drinking my punch. It tasted really good, and Clark laughed at me taking so many sips at one time. I pushed his face to the side, then Clark went on to talking to one of the other reporters.

   I excused myself, before I went to the restroom. All the stalls were filled, so I politely waited outside of the bathroom entrance.

   As I did, I heard a voice say,"Excuse me?"

   I turned around and was met with a confident, yet strong woman, who looked like she definitely knew her place.

   She sent me a small smile and said,"Your dress is very nice."

   Wait, I knew that accent from anywhere...Diana!!

   I immediately hugged her tight before she hugged back saying,"How are you darling?"

   I smiled back and walked with Diana, as I said,"Fine, just watching over Clark and trying to keep him positive. How are you, Diana? What brings you here?"

   Diana went to dodge my question, but she gently pulled me away from the crowd and said,"Something was stolen from me, and I need to find out what is so important on this drive. I trust you, so I know you will know your way around; especially when I might need your assistance. I really should get going, but I will see you later.."

   I nodded and Diana kissed my cheek in goodbye, before she headed off into the crowd. I quickly went to the restroom and did my business, before I headed back to find Clark.
When I did, I saw him talking to Bruce. It looked like it was really intense, so I didn't know whether to intrude or not.

   I just took a deep breath and stood in between them asking,"What is going on, boys?"

   Bruce sent me a smile and said,"Nothing, Y/N, nothing. Well, I should get going.."

   Bruce kissed my forehead, before he went to go socialize with some other old friends of his. I turned to Clark and noticed the look he was giving Bruce.

   I immediately frowned and rubbed his arm saying,"Honey, it will be okay.."

   Clark sighed and fixed his glasses saying,"He does not have the right to be in my city. I can not afford to have some vigilante running around and killing innocent people. I have been accused of enough things.."

   I grabbed Clark's arm and pulled him towards the dance floor.

   Clark smiled slightly and said,"Y/N, what are you doing?"

   I playfully hit Clark's shoulder saying,"Trying to dance with the Superman, himself, unless you want to dance with someone else.."

   I sighed dramatically and hoped Clark would cheer up.

   I went to leave, but Clark pulled me back by my waist and said,"No, I just want you...I promise.."

   I smiled, and Clark turned me away from him. He held out his hands, and I put mine in his. Clark gave mine a squeeze, before I leaned on his chest and let Clark guide me around the floor. Every time Clark gazed at me, I would blush and look down.

   I hummed to the song, while Clark curiously said,"This song a favorite of yours?"

   I nodded and softly said,"My great grandmother on my dad's side, used to sing it to me every day.."

   Clark looked down at me with sympathetic eyes, and I desperately held in the tears that threatened to fall. I failed to do so and broke down. Clark kissed each of my fingers and shushed me, before I immediately turned around in his arms.

   Clark rubbed my back and held my hands tightly, before I buried my face in his neck sobbing,"I..I wanna go home, Superman. Please.."

   Clark nodded saying,"All right..we will leave, okay? Shh.."

   Clark picked me up, before he carried me out to the car. He put me in my seat, and I leaned on the car window crying quietly. Clark gave me worried eyes, and I couldn't meet his gaze for a while. After we got home, Clark carried me inside and laid us back on the couch.

   Clark intertwined his fingers with mine and kissed my palms saying,"Everything will be all right, honey. She is in a better place, okay? I know your great-grandmother is looking down on you and smiling at everything you have accomplished. You are amazing and truly beautiful, Y/N."

   I sniffed and pecked Clark's lips saying,"Thanks..I love you, Kent."

   Clark stroked my cheek and kissed my nose softly saying,"I love you, too, darling. I will be right here, okay?"

   I nodded and snuggled into Clark, before I quickly fell asleep in his warm embrace.