Chapter 34

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! I'm really trying and pushing for the best at writing the chapters, so I hope that you guys are loving it! Please vote, comment, and enjoy!

   Y/N'S POV

  Right after Clark passed out, I yelled,"MOM!! CONNER!"

  Mom and Conner rushed outside, before they spotted Clark on the ground. Conner frowned, while Mom immediately went into action and checked Clark's vitals. Conner picked up Clark, before he carried Clark inside.

  He carefully set him down on the sofa, before I wrapped the covers around him and moved a strand of hair from in front of his face. I immediately called Mrs. Kent.

  She answered saying,"Yes, Y/N? Is everything all right?"

  I replied back saying,"No, Clark passed out and I know you'd want to see him first. I just wanted to let you know.."

  I heard Mrs. Kent sigh from the other end, before she said,"Thanks for letting me know, Y/N. I'll be there as soon as I can.."

  I smiled, before she hung up the phone. I sighed and went into the bathroom, before I washed my face. I said a prayer that Clark would be okay, while someone knocked on the door. I just opened it and saw Kara standing there.

  She must've noticed my tears and wiped them saying,"Clark will be okay, Y/N. He'll push through for his family.."

  I nodded and jogged down the stairs before Mom said,"Y/N, call your boss and tell him that Clark would be out for a few days."

  I dialed Perry's number, before he answered saying,"Yes, this is Perry."

  I giggled softly at his sentence, yet I said,"Perry, I just wanted to inform you that some family business has come up and Clark won't be able to come in for a few days."

  I prayed that Perry would buy it, because we had no idea how long Clark would be out.

  Perry replied back saying,"Oh, I completely understand. We have to be there for our families, so he can take as much time as he needs. I really should get some sleep. Goodnight.."

  I thanked God, before I said,"Good night, Perry. See you tomorrow.."

  I hung up the phone and put it down beside me. It was only a few minutes before I heard the doorbell. Conner got up and opened it, and Mrs. Kent and someone I didn't recognize ran into the living room.

  Mrs. Kent felt his forehead and turned to me saying,"How long has he been out, darling?"

  I thought about it and said,"About 7 hours to be exact. I'm sorry it took so long for me to call you, but I was just..put a little into shock, I guess. I could tell something was bothering him, which made Clark even more distant from me."

  Mrs. Kent went to say something, but she must've noticed my uneasy look at the woman beside her.

  She facepalmed, but she patted my hand gently saying,"Don't worry, sweetheart, this is just an old friend of mine. She knows all about Clark, so I trust her the most with taking care of my son. Joanna, this is Y/N; the one who stole Clark's heart."

  She walked up to me and hugged me saying,"Nice to meet you, Y/N. Don't worry, Clark is in the best hands. Something's definitely not right. Martha, would you mind coming over here for a second?"

  I gladly moved out of the way, before Mrs. Kent took Clark's other side once again.

  Miss Joanna said,"It's almost as if his system shut down. You know how when you get sick and everyone responds to it a different way?"