Chapter 45

CLARK'S POV

  After all this time, I never knew I would get the chance to start a family with the girl of my dreams. Y/N, of course, was the one I was referring to, but she should always know that. I did always go after Lois, but I realized she wasn't the only woman that stood for something.
   Plus, Y/N knew how to defend her family when the time came and you has to love a girl like that...While I spent most of my free time thinking about Y/N, I woke up to hearing groaning from beside me.

    Y/N'S POV

  I woke up to feeling pain coming from my lower abdomen and instantly rolled my eyes, knowing what it was. It was that time of the month and it really annoyed me so much every time.
I felt bad for Clark, though, because he'd have to deal with my mood today. I slowly got up, only to bump into Clark's chest.

  I blushed and said,"Sorry, Kansas, it's just that.."

  Clark continued for me saying,"Just that what? Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?"

  I shook my head and said in pure embarrassment,"Well, I'm sort of on my period and I don't have any more pads. If you feel uncomfortable, then I'll be glad to get them on my own. You need sleep more than I do, Clark."

  Clark shook his head and blushed, too, but kissed my forehead and said,"No, I'll gladly do it for you, sweetheart. Just lay down and I'll go get you some. Here, keep this in case something happens.."

  I gave Clark multiple kisses in thank you, before he left to go to the store and get me some more. What an awesome boyfriend, well husband..I was still trying to get used to that, but I was surely not complaining.

  Ever since the after-party, I had been thinking about Mom and Dad. Growing up, they were fine, but I could see that something was off between the two of them. They were happy, but Dad started to slowly go his own way and wasn't feeling it with Mom anymore.
  Mom sort of felt the same, but it couldn't have been that simple..I never could figure out what it was; however, Dad always tried his best to be here whenever I did need him around. Mom, she went into dating and some men I had the pleasure of gladly sending them away.

  Mom lacked the confidence to let them go, so I did it for her. Whenever I told Dad about one of them specifically, he immediately came to the house and got past Mom, before he gladly comforted me and stayed here till I was completely fine.
  If you don't understand, one of them tried to make me leave with him, but I gladly tried to fight him off. Luckily, Dad arrived in time and gave him a beating. Mom, unfortunately, was a little unresponsive and hid upstairs in her room.

  I had spent so much time thinking about my own family, that I didn't even notice Clark had been calling me numerous times.

  He rushes to my side and held my hands saying,"Darling, it's okay. It's just me..It's just me.."

  He wrapped his arms around me saying,"You're safe with me, I promise. Here, go and change and I'll be right back.."

  I nodded and walked into the bathroom, before I did what I needed to do and changed into my pajamas. I sent Dad a message, before I laid down and Clark soon joined me.

  He rubbed my stomach and asked me,"What do you normally do when this happens, Y/N?"

  I leaned on Clark saying,"Normally, I would cry, laugh, or even watch movies alone all day, but now you're here with me. It would really cheer me up if you stayed. Maze Runner?"

  Clark chuckled and put it in, before he pulled me close and we started the movie. No matter what anyone ever said, Dylan O' Brien was amazing and would always be my husband. Don't tell Clark..