Chapter Seventeen

----------------------------------------

This is dedicated to Gracereid for voting for all my chapters and commenting.

Thank you so much for your support.

<333

------------------------------------------

I was happy. Like really, really happy at the moment.

If I tell you something... don't repeat it.

Okay, here we go. Jason and I made out again.

Twice. I loved it! I didn't have some spasm this time.

I walked down the street, hand in hand with Jason next to me. He was saying something but I cut him off by running across the road. I barely stopped in time for the window and smacked my head on the glass.

Oh. My. God.

My heart just melted right there. I ran into the store. It looked up at me, with light brown eyes and a dark nose. His ears were so floppy!

"Cute, isn't he?" the owner of the pet store smiled. "Just got him on, ten minutes ago."

"I'm - in - love," I panted. "How much?"

"Well... the owners said free to a good home, with the exception of them meeting the new owners."

"I want to meet them!" I said in a rush. Jason chose to enter the store then.

I grinned and leaned down, patting the puppy. "Hello Gorgeous."

"Hey," Jason joked.

I ignored him.

"Well, the owners are just out the back actually..." he disappeared and emerged back with a middle-aged couple. "This young lady would like to buy your boy, I think."

I nodded eagerly. "Hello, I'm Emma Ross."

"Ross?" The man asked. "As in daughter of James?"

"Yep."

"He's a good friend of ours," his wife answered. Well, I assumed they were married, she had a gold band on her left finger.

"Oh really?" I smiled.

"Yeah. So, you're interested in Charlie?"

"Yes! He is a replica of my old dog. Also Charlie is my favourite name! Must be fate."

She laughed. "Must be. Is your Dad okay, with you buying a dog?"

"Yes," I lied smoothly. "He's an animal lover."

Jason gave me a sidelong glance, but I acted like I didn't see.

"Well... he is a very nice dog. He's about a year old. He's honestly the best dog we've ever had, but we're going traveling around the world. We can't really drag him around."

"Oh, what a pity, he's beautiful." I said sadly. "But I'd take very good care of him. I promise."

She smiled. "I'm sure you would. We've got a collar, lead and a few rugs that comes with him."

"Great!" I smiled enthusiastically.

We sorted it all out, with the paper work and everything.

"Your Dad's going to flip." Jason muttered to me.

"Shh."

Once everything was done, I walked him home. I was absolutely in love! Hopefully Dad would be cool with it...