Soldier: 76 x Reader

SO! I'm working on like 4 parts at once, but the thing is... tomorrow is my mother's birthday, and she loves Soldier: 76. I just drew her some fanart of D.va and 76, and this is my last present for her. But, I figured I'd post it for others to enjoy!

-----

"Hey, how're things going by you? Is Hana behaving?"

"Everything's fine hun. Well, she won't get off the stupid computer but I guess it's alright... she's paying our bills with her salary so I don't completely mind. We miss you! When are you coming home?"

"Looks like it's going to be a while. I got new orders. I'm leading the front line tomorrow against the omnics..."

"What... but you were supposed to come home in a few days... and you're supposed to let Reinhardt and Winston handle the front line!! Why are they putting you out there.."

"I know I promised I'd be home but I can't sweetie... they need me out there, the fewer omnics, the better."

"You've been gone for 5 years Jack! You're family misses you! Hana barely knows who you are... dont you care about your family?"

"You have no idea how much I love you both... I-"

-"Times up Jack, give the phone to someone else! We all got families waiting"

"I'm sorry (Y/N) I gotta go. I love you both so much, I'll call you when I get the chance. Wish me luck!"

"Yeah... good luck, please don't get killed out there Jack.."

"Mommy, who're you talking to?" Said the dorito covered 8 year old.

"No one hun, I'll go make dinner okay?"

"Okie!"

-

The sky turned into a swirling mass of smoke and gunpowder. Filled with the sound of gunshots, screams of generals, and the overwhelming stench of death.

Reinhardt lead the attack against the omnics, along with Soldier: 76, and a  million men following behind.

Reinhardt let out a long and deafening battle cry, and charged forward. His back lit up, crimson in fire as he flew forward crashing into dozens of omnics along the way.

And with that, the war began.

Soldier sprinted towards the battle straight into the front ranks of the omnics. Taking his pulse rifle off his back, he too, joined the fight.

He took down about 40 omnics before he began to tire, his back line was beginning to fall due to the sheer numbers of the omnics that surrounded them. Reinhardt had taken quite a beating, his breath was ragged and tired, and his swings more careless and uneffevtive. Till finally, he too fell.

Soldier now became more frantic in his actions, only about 300 of his men still fought. And there was still over 6000 omnics surrounding him and his fellow soldiers. The leader of the omnics, who initially lead the attack, pointed at Jack and whispered something to his leutenant.

The army broke in two, one half surrounded the remaining soldiers, and the other half surrounded Jack.

"Hands up, drop the gun" Said the leader.

Jack, obviously outnumbered, complied.

-

"Hello? Jack?" You said as you answered the phone.

"I'm general Reyes, I'm calling you on Jacks behalf, (Y/N) is it?"

"Yes.. that's me"

"Jack and around a million of our soldiers went out on the front line a few days ago. We got surrounded and lost more then 95 percent of our soldiers. I got reports from several men that Jack had been taken by the enemy. We have search parties out looking for him. I'm very sorry this happened."