Genji x Childhood friend reader

This was requested by SadaeSmith. Hope you enjoy!

*Disclaimer: I don't own Overwatch or its characters.*

-----
There you were, your soft and beautiful (H/C) covered in a sticky dried mud that extended from your scalp down to your eyelids where it began to slowly drip blackened water droplets down to your jawline. Your clothes, tattered and ripped. Blood marks, trailed it's way up your back, exposed from the holes in your ripped rags, put there by furious lash markers, reminding you of your previous disbehavior, in the form of scars that would always be there. You were 5, a young child whom had her parents sell her off to a clan... where she resided for her toddler years. Oh but a few days ago, you were still there... begrudgingly swallowing the mush which then fed you, just enough to sustain your life force... barely. You had managed to find your way to the draining pipes while you were pulling some nasty weeds from the garden. You hastily took the opportunity to escape using them, and little did you know, that one decision would change your life.

It's been a few days since you left. You've had no place to sleep and no source of food. You've been relying on strangers passing you by in which you started to beg...

Your legs were covered in scratches and gashes, that were now not healing because of the dirt that was infecting them. Your clothes barely covered your person, and your once lively and passionate eyes, we're washed out. The yearning to live, sucked out of you like a vacuum.

"Hey! You!" You heard from quite a distance away. Although in your mind, you wished to follow the strange voice, with nothing to lose at this point and only something to gain. Bringing your leg up to take a step, the other one had given out from exaustion and your body hit the ground with a thud as your vision began to blur.

Before you blacked out completely, you Vaught a feint glimpse of the person moving to your side... and everything went black.

-

You had later woken up to the sound of child's voice, speaking the words "Miss... miss."

Sitting up straight, you rubbed your eyes and looked to where the strange voice was coming from. As your watery and blurred vision cleared, you caught sight of a small kid, sitting on top of you with the goofiest grin stuck to his face.

Before you could say anything, you were tackled by the figure whom you would later know as Genji.

-

"Cmon (Y/N)!" He said as he grabbed your hand and pulled you outside to the flower garden.

"Young master.. I must get to my chores-" You started. After that day Genji had saved you, you built up your strength and worked for his clan to show your appriciation for saving your life. But unlike your previous job... they actually treated you humanly.

As the years went by, you and Genji grew close... and towards your 16th birthday, the relationship between you to had progressed from the blossoming friendship you started at. Genji began to think of you as a love interest. As for Hanzo... once he found out his brothers feelings, he took it upon himself to tell his father what you had been feeling.

As soon as his father found out, you were relieved from duty, and Genji was banned from seeing you ever again.

You didn't want to continue your life after this... you thought it better to end it, but whenever in the heat of the moment, a familiar face always seemed to pop into your head telling you it was a bad idea. And that one face was what kept you from ending your life forever. The motivation of gaining enough power to seek out Genji was so great, you began to take up training to make yourself stronger.

An umbrella was all you had needed.

You were out oneday, until you ran across an old man whom wore a visor that covered most of his features, he had white hair and a jacket with the number 76 imprinted on the back.

He offered you a job at overwatch after you managed to swiftly take down some gangsters who were trying to flirt with a woman whom was obviously not interested.

-

You had now been in Overwatch for a few months, and you had definetly begun to notice a cyborg ninja who also shared your beloved's name getting closer and closer to you.

Your team had just got done defending Gibraltar, as the curios cyborg approached you a little awkwardly.

"Wonderful job out there." He said.

"G... Genji, if you think I have not noticed your interests in me, you'd be mistaken. But I must assure you, we will not work out. I love your personality, loyalty and devotion to honor and glory, but I'm waiting for someone... someone whom you share a similar quality with.

He bowed his head down, and cocked his head questioningly wonderful who else there was.

You sighed deeply, and explained to him about Genji... the one you came to love.

"I had lost my best friend... and the love of my life, whom will never know how I feel. So I must constantly look for him and I will seek him out, till the day I die." You finished off.

Before you could say anything else, the cyborg brought his hand to the back of his visor, and clicked. The green slit opened just enough to reveal a pair of entrancing brown eyes...

And for the first time for so long, your body gave out and you collapsed to the floor crying, with your lover standing by your side, reassuring you from now and forever more.

-----

Mightve been a little rushed and cheesy. Sorry. I'm tired ;-;

:D Genji is so cute!!!

Well anyway, sorry about posting a little late... goodnight, or good morning... your choice lmao

-Nef chan