(Chpt.3-10) Self Harm😰

Start from the beginning

*

"What color is this, boo?" I asked him next, holding up a green crayon.

"Green"

"Very good, now what color is....my shirt?"

"Green!" he answered quickly, making me laugh at his excitement.

"No, it's pink"

"Oh. So what color is this?" he picked up a couple crayons.

"Well, you have a blue crayon, a purple crayon and a red one"

"Diya you so smart. You should get a yellow star like miss Joann say"

"How many yellow stars do you have?" I asked him, curiously.

"I –I got 2 yellow stars for being smart. She took one away because I pushed Kyle at play time though"

I chuckled. "Why did you do that? Stop being bad at school"

"I not bad at school. I don't like Kyle, he–he takes my car and throws it. So I-I push him into the wall and make him cry"

"...–least you know self defense" I laughed to myself.

"Yeah I know allll about self-defense" he said confidently, repeating me.

"I'm sure you do, little guy. I'm sure you do. I love you though, do you love me?" I leaned in towards him, giving him kisses.

He laughed at me attacking him.
"Of course I do"

*
:: A week later ::

Recently Kehlani came back home from California. I swear something bad always happen when she's not around. I haven't even told her about Damon, yet. Currently, I was driving us back to her new apartment in West Miami.

Kel is so independent and that's one of the many things I admire about her. She's crazy successful at this age and could take care of anything that came at her way. A go getter too. Not really having a home home, she went and brought her own at just 18.

If you look at me, I was 17 at this time and with a 4 year old now. Still living under my parent's rules when they didn't even come home at night. I hated living with my parents now, it didn't even feel like a home anymore. Just a placed where I went to sleep at night while me and my brother ran the streets.

Mariah left the house almost 2 years ago now, which I thought was a blessing in disguise. We still didn't get along and our relationship got even worse after James came into the picture. She wouldn't even help me take care of him, but its not like I really expected her to. "He's your kid, not mine" she would say, her favorite line.

(Kehlani's POV)💚💋

"What are you doing over there? You haven't been off the camera since we got in the car" Dyme said, looking slightly over from driving.

"So what– I can't take selfies, mom?" I asked, and posed for another one to add to my gallery.