Fiona lifted her gaze from Marcus and mouthed “Just go,” before she buried her head against Marcus’s chest. I just nod my head as I lead Raine inside my car. I carried her since, I have known Raine to easily get tired, and carefully place her on her seat.

As I drove along the way, I have wondered if what I did today, about telling Fiona that I was still in love with her, made the right choice in my life. Then again, I have no doubts that I really did made the right choice. I have made the right decision.

Now, I only need to explain everything to Raine, which would be the difficult part.

MARCUS POV

When I opened the door to my apartment, I allowed Fiona to went ahead inside. I knew the moment that once we were inside, Fiona and I would talk about our relationship. I knew this would come eventually someday and I would accept whatever Fiona’s decision. I would accept it because that is what a man should do for the woman he loves.

Somehow, I find it hard to accept it because I knew that she can never be mine. Her heart cannot be mine because it already belong to someone. Ironically, it belong to her former love that happens to be my cousin. I should have given up on her months ago because I knew that she would never come to love me. Instead, I allowed to follow my heart because I was hoping and wishing that someday, she might forget about Tyrell.

Sadly, she never did. Rather, she never had from the start. She only pretend to forget about him but the truth remains the same. She can never forget about him because she loves him.

I laughed at my own misery when it comes to love. I think I was never intended to fall in love because if I did, I should have fallen for some one else who would be my wife. Instead, I fall for someone who falls in love with someone else.

What a funny way that things turn out to be.

“Marcus?”

I turned to Fiona’s direction, who in return, looked at me with a worried look. She must have thought I was crazy because I never lose my temper even after the the event that happened today. However, I only laughed as if nothing happen. Only my heart that will be crushed into tiny pieces once I hear Fiona’s verdict.

“Marcus we need to talk. . .” she said hesistantly, “about what happened awhile ago.”

“Apparently, we do,” I said flatly which cause her to flinched slightly and slowly back away from me as if keeping a distance if ever I go berserk.

I sighed heavily, and this time I kept my tone neutral and calm. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have –

“Its not your fault Marcus,” she said while shaking her head. “It was all my fault.”

I lowered my head as if I’m ashamed of something. I could never understand why she could still love the man who broke heart a long time ago. He was the reason for her pain, so why would Fiona still love Tyrell?

“Tyrell never did broke my heart,” Fiona began.

I immediately jerked my head from what she said. Had I actually said my thoughts aloud? My question was answered when Fiona said, while chuckling a little, “Yes, you said those things aloud, Marcus.”

I groaned inwardly. That was an embarassing streak for me.“But that’s what I find charming in you,” she continued as she slowly went to my side.

“What do you mean that Tyrell never broke your heart?” I asked. “Isn’t he responsible why you always cry in pain or feel hurt whenever you heard his name?”

She shook her head. “He didn’t break my heart.” I looked at her before she continued,                “Because I was the one who broke his heart from the time I revealed my true identity to him.”

“I don’t understand what you mean. . .” I said, confusion obviously written on my face.

She let out a tiresome sigh before she explained. “I’m the one who broke his heart. That is also the reason why I keep on crying because I was hurting him. Whenever the mere mention of his name, I felt the pain within me, that kept on reminding me, that I could never blame Tyrell for the condition that I become because there is no one else to blame but myself.”

She started crying again, and I was about to come near to her for comfort, when she raised a hand to stop me from going any further. “I was the cause of my own mistake that lead me to this kind of situation. I was to blame from the beginning and Tyrell shouldn’t be the one to be blamed for my misery. I was expecting him to get angry at me for all the things I did to him. Lying and pretending, but instead. . . instead. . .,” she sobbed and was beginning to shake. I wanted to comfort her, take all the pain away, but she was struggling to get hold of herself.

“. . . instead, he still loves me,” she managed to say. “Tyrell still loves me despite all the things I’ve done to him.”

Silence filled the room.

I know that very soon, I’ll be losing her.

I’ll be losing Fiona from my life.

A life without her would be painful and difficult, but if losing her would mean bringing back the happiness that was once lost from her, then I had to do it. No matter how much pain I had to endure without her, I had to let her go. This time for the sake of her happiness.

I draw her near to me and gave her the most passionate kiss I’ll ever have from her. It would be my last kiss coming from her. I immediately broke the kiss before hugging her tightly. Surprisingly, she hugged back.

“Fiona,” I said her name before we separated from each other. “I should let you know that I have love you since, the first time I saw you smile. A true and genuine smile after seeing you crying over your broken heart.”

She was silent for a moment before she replied, “I didn’t know.”

“And because I love you so much, I’ve decided to make our enagement null and void.” Her eyes widen at hearing those words from me. “Your happiness is more important to me, and if letting you go would mean that you’ll never be sad and in pain again, then that’s what I’ll have to do.”

“Marcus. . .”

“But before I let you go, just answer me one question,” I said, my voice was trembling. “I wanted to hear it from you honestly, can you promise me that?” She nodded before I asked, “Do you still love,Tyrell?”

Without doubts, no hesitation, she answered firmly, “Yes.”

I stop crying by the age of eight, when my father told me that boys don’t cry. He told me that crying was a sign of weakness. However, even after twenty years of looking strong and proud, holding back the tears after a long time, I decided to let it out.

I cried.

=====================================================

*sniffS*

I kinda feel pity for Marcus  ....T__T....

I almost forget, I can't upload for the next chapter for the next few days since my family and I will be celebrating a 3-day solitude for Holy Week...

so for now, tootles!!!!!