Raine's Letter

My dearest Tyrell,

We have known each other for more than fifteen years, and I was so happy to finally meeting you again after a long separation. The more I was happy when you ask me to marry you because you remembered our promise to each other when we were still young. It was the happiest day in my life. Yet, somehow, I was to caught up in the past, that I never took notice that time would change everything. As years passed by, you slowly changed.

You fell in love.

You fell in love with some else who was pretending to be me.

You fell in love with Fiona.

Despite of everything she did, you fall for her ten times more when you meet again back in the restaurant. It was then, I knew right away I was finally replaced from your heart. You have changed all through out the years but I was still the same old me, the silly girl that keep holding on with the promise.

I knew I should have let you go when I know that you were in love with Fiona. Yet, I was to angry and frustrated to think of letting you go. Perhaps, I wanted to punish you for letting me wait for fifteen years, for you to honor your promise. I wanted you to suffer as well. But after I talked things with her a week before the wedding, I finally made my decision.

Tyrell, I am officially cutting off our promise to one another.

I know now why you love her. You were willing to let her go because of your promise to me. You love her so much that you have to let her go for the sake of mine. That also goes for Fiona.  She told me that she loves you and she was also willing to let you go for the sake of me.

Both of you were willing to sacrifice your love for one another for me.

I realized that I was being unfair and selfish to take that happiness from both of you. You and Fiona made the ultimate sacrifice, all because both of you wanted me to be happy. But knowing that I was also the biggest cause for you and Fiona’s pain, I also decided to make the ultimate sacrifice.

You are now free from your promise.

I am letting you go because I love you. After all, people are willing to let go for the ones they love, and I am one of those people. I want you be happy and only Fiona could bring that to you. Not I, but her alone could make your life alive and always happy.

Goodbye Tyrell, but remember this: Memories might be forgotten but they are never lost.

Soon, I’ll forget about you but I know the love I felt for you will never be lost.

Yours truly,

Raine

Tyrell may be gone in my life, but that doesn’t mean that I will end my life. It only means, that I have to start again falling in love with someone else. By the time I arrived back at my apartment, my tears were already gone.

I took out the key from my bag and was about to open my door, when I notice a mail lying on the floor. Out of curiousity, I bend to pick it up, tore it open and started to read. The letter was from my cousin who lives in Scotland.

After I read the letter, a smile slowly appeared on my face. Perhaps, finding my happiness wasn’t here in America, after all. Rather it was somewhere else that would mend my broken heart.

Scotland.

I shook my head and opened the door to my apartment. I went inside my room and started to pack my clothes.

I have to start another life.

Not here, where I just got my heart broken.

But somewhere. . .

Somewhere like  in Scotland.

=====================================================

So yeah that's the end for "Unforgettable Promise" but that doesn't stop the series. Since I'm really happy that many of you guys supported and read through out the story, I'm currently doing another sequel titled "Unforgettable Second Chances"

 So go to my profile and check it out!!!