Chapter eight: other scene

Here's the other scene of chapter eight!!!

This is where you guys will wonder how this story flows...

Don't forget to leave any comments and don't forget to vote!!!

 Here's a picture of Nathaniel "Nate" Knight

+NATE’S POV+

I researched again at Raine’s files and and doubled check her background.  I’ve started doing my investigation right after Tyrell told me—well, actually right after she punched me on the eye— that Raine didn’t recognized him during the interview. That was also the reason why she didn’t even remember me when I introduced myself.

It was actually odd.

Today was Saturday and I was in my office doing the investigation. My brother’s flight to Italy was within few minutes and I wasn’t able to see him to the airport although Kylie was with him and Raine. He knew I was working on Raine’s background and told me to update if there is any progress.

“Mr. Knight?” someone knocked at the door.

I stopped from what I was doing  and look at the person who came.

“Here’s the other information you wanted to check about Miss Sausa,” the man, who I hired as an extension of my investigation, said.

“Did you find anything that’s interesting?” I asked him as he handed the brown envelop.

“I don’t know if my information I got you is interesting, but it is against my code of ethics to share that is personal especially if this is a favour from your brother,” he said before leaving the room.

The man sure is serious about his job. Nonetheless, he’s the best private investigator Tyrell hired and his investigation were one hundred percent accurate and true.

I just shook my head and started to open the envelop. I took out the papers and started to read the information about Raine.

Minutes later, I dropped the papers with absolute shocked expression on my face.

I quickly dialed Tyrell’s number.

“Come on, pick up your phone Ty,” I said impatiently and stood up from my sit and started pacing back and forth in the room.

Hello Nate?” my brother finally spoke on the other phone.

“Ty, there is something you must know,” I quickly said.

Nate I’m already on the plane and. . .,”

There was a sudden paused.

Ty? Don’t hang up!” I shouted.

“. . . listen Nate, the stewardess already informed me to turn off my phone since the plane is about to move out,” he said.

“Tyrell this is important!”

Well, whatever is it you’re going to say, you’re going to wait when I come back.”

“This is about—

Beep. . . beep. . . beep. . .

He hunged up.

I slowly put away my phone and went back near my desk. I picked up the papers and read again what was written, making sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me.

But my eyes weren’t deceiving me.

I know I should inform Tyrell what I’ve found out but. . .

“Blythe, tell Carters to prepare the family plane cause I’m heading out to Italy,” I said to my secretary  through the intercom.  I sat again on my chair and leaned backward resting my head as I ran over one hand on my hair.

I had to make sure to intervene even if Tyrell would hate me for what I’m about to do. . .

QUESTION: What do you think did Nate find out?

HINT: Continue reading the succeeding chapters to find out!