Akutagawa x Reader (School AU!) | Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Requested by katflores14

Please, tell me if this what you wanted and if you like it! I'm afraid, that it isn't >.<

Warning: depression, anxiety, paranoia, ADHD, atelophobia (I swear, it's not that sad as my previous chapters)

And I recommend everyone to listen to the song above because it inspired me and it suits well here

~~~

School reminds of a graveyard if to think about it. A graveyard of dreams, hopes, wishes and sometimes even hearts. It ruins so much. Teachers, who call you stupid and lazy. Students, who make you feel worthless. Homework, which is impossible to complete and that makes you feel worse, than others. So much happy hearts were broken in school. You weren't different. It broke you as well.

They're gonna clean up your looks
With all the lies in the books
To make a citizen out of you

Why did everyone hate you so much? You've been wondering about it all the time. You didn't do anything bad, yet all students seemed to have a secret club named "(Y/N)'s haters and murderer's of her dreams". There were only a couple of people, who didn't treat you like shit and some of them even helped you. For example, the infamous Dazai Osamu, who hasn't been going to school for a month last year because he almost drowned himself in the river. Or Chuuya Nakahara, who wasn't actually your friend, but he always sent jocks, who bullied you away.

Because they sleep with a gun
And keep an eye on you, son
So they can watch all the things you do

A pair of headphones, your favorite song playing over and over again and daydreaming. This is what your school days were like.

You weren't the best student because it was hard for you to concentrate and because of that, not only students were mocking at you, but some teachers as well. You were trying to be as quite as possible, yet it was still hard. Dark clothes you liked to wear only gave your bullies more ideas for the stupid nicknames. And it made you hate them even more.

Because the drugs never work
They're gonna give you a smirk
'Cause they got methods of keepin' you clean

You wished you could look better. You wished you could wear short skirts like any other girl and not be ashamed of yourself. You wished you didn't have to wear long-sleeved shirts all the time to hide cuts, the consequences after self-harm. You wished you could be better. You wished you could look in the mirror and not be afraid, that no one may never fall in love with you. You did all you could to look a little better, but somehow you still couldn't become the girl you wanted to be.

They gonna rip up your heads
Your aspirations to shreds
Another cog in the murder machine

This was your greatest fear: to stay an outcast forever.

Little did you know, that there was someone, who'd change your grey dull days.

***

"Hey, look! Isn't it that loser, (Y/N), heh?"

"Oh yeah, that's her! Hey, where are you going?! It's not polite to run away, when people are talking to you! Am I right, guys?"

They said all
Teenagers scare
The living shit out of me
They could care less
As long as someone'll bleed