Kunikida x Reader | Because...

Requested by pinkpastelcalesti

YAY! My first Kunikida x Reader one shot! Hope, you'll like it☺️

Warning: depression, suicide mentions, anxiety disorder, angst

~~~

Pain. This is what surrounds us. No matter where we are, what time is it or what we are doing, pain is always there. Sometimes we just don't notice it and in such moments we're feeling happy, but not many of us understand, that pain is just waiting for the best moment to hit us. It never goes away. Yes, pain helps us grow, but it breaks and kills us, eventually. Some say, that the world will end in fire or in ice. That is not true. The world will end up in pain and suffering for it is a curse of all humanity.

Pain never goes away.

***

"Hello, everyone!"

You try to look confident and sure in your own doings as you enter the Agency so that no one would notice what's really creeping inside of you. You walk straight to the desk of the glasses-wearing man, who was currently working on your case along with his bandaged partner.

"How's life, Kunikida-kun?" You asked him

"We've almost found the criminal, (L/N)-san." He answered without lifting his eyes off the computer screen "Maybe, we'll even catch him soon."

"So maybe there's no sense for me in leaving the Agency and I can just wait till you catch him?" You asked

"I guess, you're right." He answered still not looking at you.

It was breaking your heart. You've tried everything to get his attention. It has always been like this. Ever since you've come to the Agency, he never payed much attention to you. It was clear, that he only saw you as a client and nothing more.

Why? Of all people in the Agency, why him? Why were you in love exactly with him?

"Kunikida-kun." You called him

Probably, no one knew how much courage it took you to speak with him. You were so nervous, that you could even feel your legs shaking a bit and your palms stared sweating. You were worrying, but you had to talk with him. Today was the last day of working on your case. If you don't get his attention, then you will never ever be able to do it again unless you'll have another case to work on.

"What?" He answered strictly like always

"Do you like working in the Agency?" You asked

"Of course, I like it! I wouldn't work here if I didn't like it." He said

"Uwah, (Y/N)-san, you're already here~!"

Dazai appeared out of nowhere and came closer to you two. During the time, while they were working on your case, you've become quite good friends with Dazai.

"Hello, Dazai-san." You answered

"How was the day?"

"Well...normal, I guess. What about you?"

"Ah, I've tried to drown myself in a river, but it didn't work."