Chapter Fifteen

-------------------------

Emma Ross ---->>>

Dedication: Jennallyn for coming out from her 'silent reader' bubble and commenting. Thanks for your support. You're a legend. :)

--------------------------

"What?" I asked, my hair spilling over my face. I hastily flicked it away in annoyance. Sometimes I loved the length, but other times, it frustrated me. It always got in my way.

"Please?" Mel begged, her eye sparkling. She was literally on her knees. "For me?"

"Why does everyone keep saying that?" I grumbled with a frown.

"Come on. Say yes."

I sighed wearily, causing her to grin, taking that as an affirmative answer. "MUUUM. Make-over ASAP."

(Her Mum is a Beautician. No wonder why Mel looks like a model 24/7. Yes, I'm still quite jealous of her and her life. Just sayin').

"Not necessary." I insisted when her Mum practically ran into the room. I had told Mel about the incident in school today, and she thought a make-over would help. Get real. I was dragged into the salon and forcefully sat in the cool, swivel chair. Mel turned all mirrors away and whispered frantically with her Mum for a few moments.

This didn't look good.

I sat there, twiddling my thumbs underneath the black, slippery cape cast over me. I was actually nervous. Who knows what these two will do. Her mum turned around, beaming.

"Let's get started!"

---------------------------

After a painfully long afternoon/emerging night I was 'transformed'. They had put dye in my hair, eeeeeep, plucked my eyebrows, waxed (yes, actually waxed) my legs, moisturised them, tinted my eyebrows, eyelashes and given me a manicure/pedicure. Also I was gifted with all these nice smelling creams. Some part of me felt like I was in Heaven but another part was screaming to leave.

"I was going to put fake nails on you, but yours are all ready so long. We'll just put some decoration on the tips." Her mum smiled down to me, warmth glowing from her. I loved her as much as I would my own Mother. She treated me like a daughter. She was a lovely lady.

"Try this," Mel said, shoving it in my face. I'd had it before. It was this crystal lip balm stuff, you put it on your lips, let it soak in for a minute or so, and lick it off. It tasted like strawberry bubble gum. 

"Yum..." I murmured, licking it off and savouring the flavour in my mouth. Mel just grinned encouragingly.

"Do you want contacts?" Her mum asked me, bending down so that she was eye level with me. The look on her face was as though she was absorbing every detail of mine. I felt a blush blossom in my cheeks at her proximity.

"No, that's okay!" I said, almost too quickly.

"Alright, are you ready to be amazed?"

"I don't know." I mumbled nervously, chewing my bottom lip. I wasn't sure if I was ready to witness this 'make-over'. I had a slightly bad feeling about it...