the forest of shadows

It was 5:00 am when I awoke to birds chirping outside my window which was open, cold winds blew through my hair as the morning sun played hide-and-seek with the clouds.
The day was absolutely beautiful even the forest looked peaceful.

I closed my window and went back in bed, that's when I heard something fall. I quickly jumped up in fright to see that it was only the diary.

I remembered reading about the house but nothing about on haunting or a death, so I decided to continue reading until I could find something useful.

Dare: diary
It's my third day here and I kind a love it, except for the fact that mom has hired a very creepy house maid and I really mean creepy, she talks to herself, and she always visits the forest at Precisely midnight every single night and sometimes she takes a lot of my moms silver wares with her, if I didn't know better I'd say she's a witch but I have no proof, I told mom about it, but she doesn't believe me. Anyway got to go.
Love(Thompson)

I wanted yo find out more, so I continued reading.

Dare: diary

I decided to fallow Miss Mogana into the dark forest last night to see what she was up to and now I'm very freaked out, I saw her throwing fresh human blood into the dark lake and one of my moms silver spoon. I tried telling dad, but he thinks that I'm going crazy he even told Miss Mogana about it. I don't know what she's planning to do but I'll find out even if it kills me.
Love (Thompson)

I closed the diary and got up from bed while thinking about what Thompson said about Miss Mogana dumping humans blood into the lake.

Sam was waiting on me down stairs he wanted us to go for a jog, he thought it'd help clear my mind so did everyone else.

It was 8:25 am and grandma has gone to the market, everyone else was at home, Sam and I walked out into the forest so that we could jog and clear our mind.

As we were jogging something came into my mind " where's the lake!" I wondered as I ran trough the forest with Sam fallowing close behind.

Soon we came to a dark lake, the water looked still and bottomless "I think this is the dark lake" I said to Sam while staring into the water, suddenly we heard a poem coming from within the lake.

"Demons demons run while you can, she'll find you and kill you and bake you in bread".
With that I stared at Sam as he started at me, we both started to back away from the lake when we say two hands rising out of the water, "run moya! " Sam shouts while pulling my hand.

"Where the hell did this come from? And how do you know about it?" Sam asked we a curious look while we tried running for our life's.

We both started to run but as I glimpsed back I could see four persons sitting on a stone by the lake, one of them must be Thompson and the rest must be his brothers from the picture I found in the diary I thought while running.

Just as I was about to exit the forest I suddenly tripped over something and fell " oh no! Who's that?" Sam shouted while pointing behind me, as I looked back I saw Kim lying on the ground, she was dead.