Chapter 48- Letting Loose

Morning came as the rays of sunlight shined through the window, making contact with your face. Your eyes flutter open while turning your body, away from the nearby window. A foot poked your stomach as you twisted, it belonged to Sally. 'Oh, right' you thought as you sat up from bed, 'Sally slept over last night.' A yawn escaped your mouth, your (eye color) eyes gazing around your own room. Nothing really out of the ordinary, only the typical morning light shining, making the room appear brighter.

Sally's small form started to move, making your head turn towards her and stare. Her messy brown hair covered her face features, making it hard for you to tell whether she was waking up or not. That was until you heard her voice, "(Y/N)..." her voice went off. All you could do was stare, somewhat hurt. Whenever she saw you, she saw the real you, not the other. Not the killer. No, instead Sally saw a sister.

You smiled at her figure, reaching for her shoulder to shake. "Sally, wake up sweetie." you said as you shook her lightly. Sally started shifting herself, her brown hair moved from her face and her green eyes opened. She still seemed sleepy, "Good morning..." she yawned before closing her green eyes once again, most likely planning on going back to sleep.

Sighing, you removed your hand from her shoulder and instead kissed her forehead, "Wake up, Sally. We have to go down for breakfast, don't want to be late or do you?" you asked. Her eyes slowly opened and she looked up at you smiling, "Fine, only if you let me sit on your lap today." she giggled before sitting up.

"Sure." you agreed while nodding your head then stood up from bed, stretching. Grabbing your shoes from nearby and putting them on, you then walked over to your mirror and fixed your hair, brushing it with your fingers instead of a brush. Sally then appeared next to you, her tiny hands holding a black brush as she smiled at the mirror, her green eyes gazing up at your features. "Woah, you're so tall compared to me! But one day I'll get taller!" the little girl stated before lending you the brush.

"Thank you" you said before taking it and began brushing your hair. After you were done, you then turned to Sally and brushed her long brown hair. She hummed to herself while the brush went through her hair, it felt peaceful. Moments passed and you were finished, the little girl skipped towards the door while you placed the brush on top of your nightstand then approached the door, next to Sally. She grabbed your hand, humming joyfully to herself as you opened the door, a small smile on your face.

Both Sally and you walked down the stairs, holding hands while having a small conversation with each other. "Ah, so LJ messed with your tea?" you asked as the little girl nodded her head.

"Yeah, it tasted like sugar." the little girl complained.

"But don't you like sweet things, Sally?" you questioned while raising an eyebrow at her.

She nodded her head once again, "Yeah, but it tasted like too much sugar!"

You chuckled at Sally's comment, it was the first time she was ever complaining about anything sweet. Stepping off the stairs and approaching the dining room, chatter could be heard from afar. It was normal of course, but it almost sounded as though they were whispering. Or was it because of the distance that it sounded like a whisper?

Once you entered the room and walked towards your usual seat, the chatter continued however you felt more eyes than usual. You dared to look up and caught a few stares but they either smiled or looked away. 'This again?' you asked yourself, but shook your head, trying to not think much of it. Deciding to just ignore it, you reached for two plates and grabbed food for both you and Sally. When you were done, Sally was patiently waiting next to you and once she saw both plates of food set in front of you, she didn't think twice before sitting on your lap.