Chapter 25-Believe

"Y-Y/N....wh-what are you d-doing here?" Jeff asked as he looked at your almost crying e/c ones. You smiled at him,"I followed you. And I don't r-regret it,Jeff...". He only stared at you with his never blinking blue ones and thought to himself. Why did you follow him? Why are you comforting someone like him? Don't you know he's a killer? Don't you think he's a freak? Worst of all....a monster? Or is it that you don't care he is? Do you care about him? No,no one would ever care for an insane murderous freak killer. But yet here you are,both of you hugging. You smiled at him,gave him comfort and trust. You gave him a feeling. 

warm feeling. 

Was it that he felt comfortable with you? He wasn't sure,he was only sure that you gave him a feeling,a sensation he couldn't really explain. 

Suddenly the killer heard crying,it wasn't his. No. It was yours. You had broken into tears,you saw him broken inside. You saw regret. You heard everything he had said. Surprisingly,you didn't get caught following him. But why wasn't he able to sense you around? That you didn't know why or how,nor did you care. You didn't regret following him,you're actually glad you followed him. He wanted someone with him,he needed someone with him. To comfort him. 

And that someone,was you. 

Jeff may be a huge assh*le time to time,and sometimes even stay away from others,but he didn't want to. He just didn't want to get hurt again,hurt those around him. Sally for example,he cared for her. He used to stay away from her,but something told him to get closer,and he did so. The killer wasn't regretted since,they had fun together and they enjoy eachothers company. 

"Y-Y/N...." he whispered out alittle. You slightly let go of the hug but still had your arms around him,"Yes J-Jeff?" you said as you cried lesser. 

Jeff looked down and then at Liu's grave as tiny tears rolled down his eyes,"So I could keep running,hide until they find me,but what would that do?...." his voice turned alittle depressive,"If only they knew what I knew... What would it prove?". He looked up at the night sky and smiled alittle as he chuckled,"I should've seen the writing on the wall,instead I'm left to fall... Did I throw it all away?" his tone alittle lighter than before. Turning his gaze towards you,he tilted his head alittle,"Right thru the stone,can you hear the heart beat?" he pointed at your chest. Puzzled,you became silent. 

Ba-dum,Ba-dum. 

Silence

Silence

Ba-dum,Ba-dum.

Did it just stop beating moments ago!!??! Holy sh!t! No way! It's back to its normal rate now. You looked at Jeff who only chuckled at layed down on the grass,infront of Liu's grave. "Beats thru the bones like the memory that left you,Y/N.". Sitting next to him,he starts crying alittle more,"Jeff? Don't cry... It's really hurtful to watch..." you pointed out. You were holding the tears,you weren't going to cry. Thought it is sad,you just couldn't. Jeff has a reason to cry,all you're doing is crying cause you feel pity. No,you weren't going to cry,you just couldn't.

In the other hand,Jeff let the tears flow,"I want t-to say g-goodbye...but there's n-nobody left...". 

That's it. 

You stood up as one tear rolls down each eye,"No Jeff. You have good things,you have a home. You can't hide and you won't. You won't fall twice. Throwing it away and running and hiding won't solve anything. You can take a chance... Jeff,I looked into the mirror at the lines that time drew..I've seen them painted white and the eyes.... The eyes shined through...".

You smiled alittle down at him,"You broke it all,and now you're put to the test.". Suddenly without warning,Jeff takes his pale white hand and grabs yours. "Feel my emptiness,Y/N.". Soon,he takes your hand agaist his chest,"There's no beat in my chest 'cause there's nothing left." Jeff said softly at you. 

Taking advantage that you had his hand,you pulled him up to get him back on his feet. "You're not alone,Jeff... I'm here with you. I'll always be." you promised. Jeff was left astonished by your words. Are you really willing to be there for him? The smiling teen couldn't believe it. No,this is just another dream. 

But it feels so real. 

Your soft hand grabbing his. Your arms were around him tightly,like he was something precious you couldn't let go off. Your warm smiles. It was too real. 

It is real. 

Suddenly Jeff did the unexpected,even to himself. He wrapped his arms around you and hugged you tightly. 

Meanwhile somewhere in the distance,as he watched he yawned,"Now this is just sad. But she's trying to comfort Jeffrey,awe,how cute.Too bad she won't be like that for long." he laughed as he slowly disappeared from thin air. 

As Jeff pulled away,he looked deeply at your e/c eyes. 

"Thank you,Y/N." Jeff thanked. 

You nodded and gave him a small smile,"C'mon. Let's go back home." you told the smiling male as he nodded in response and both of you made your way out of the cementary. 

"Bye Liu,I'll see you next time." Jeff said in a whisper as he looked back at his brother's grave. Jeff's eyes widen in surprise as he sees someone wave back at him but then he chuckles. 

"Bye brother..." he simply said and disappeared.