Chapter 52 A FRIEND'S FAREWELL

KINUHA KO YUNG jacket ni Nathaniel from the couch and I used it.

"Labas lang ako saglit"

"Saan ka pupunta?" they asked in unison.

"I'll meet Renee outside"

"Ahh" they said in unison.

"Ano'ng meron sa inyo?" I asked them.

"Wala" they said in unison and they giggled, except for Bryce na humihilik na.

"Whatever, bye" I said and went out. Nasa labas na nga siya with her red car so I approached her and got into her car.

"Hey what's up?" I said.

"I'm going away" she said na nakatingin sa malayo. Hindi siya mukang galit, or naiinis, or malungkot, parang..nanghihinayang?

"What?" I asked.

"I am going with my dad"

"What? Where?" I asked then she sadly looked at me

"USA"

"But..but why?"

She laughed sadly and looked at her hands, "it's a business thing. I'm going to be engaged"

"What!? How-? When-?"

TUmingin siya sa akin saka ngumiti ng konti, "It's going to be our little secret, okay?"

"Bakit ka pumayag? What about Bryce?"

Her face fell and she looked at me seriously, "He likes someone else"

"You..know?" Hindi makapaniwalang tanong ko, ako lang ata ang hindi nakakaalam ang tungkol doon ah? Mmm, I need to investigate soon.

"of course" she said and looked back at her hands.

Then we fell into silence.

"I'm glad though" she said and I looked at her, "I'm glad that the person he likes is a good person" then smiled sadly.

"I am not" sabi ko, "kahit gaano pa kabuti yung taong yun, I am not glad. I feel so bad for you-"

"don't be" sabi niya ang she touched my right cheek, "I will be okay, I was always okay. I'm a tough girl, remember?"

I laughed a little and I looked at her eyes, "Don't go"

"I have to, I have to let go of something that is not mine" the she held my hands, "listen, no matter what happens, we will be friends. I'll come back for you to make sure that you are happy, okay?"

"When will you go?" I said and my voice cracked and I felt a tear slid down my cheek.

"Hush now, don't cry, I said I'll be back." Then I hugged her, "I'll go tomorrow"

"No"

"Yes, you have to take care of Bryce for me, okay?" I nodded, "and you have to keep fighting for your friends" I nodded then she let go.

"I will see you soon, okay?"

"When?"

"Soon dear"

"Do the girls know?"

She nodded, "I went to them one by one, would you believe if I say na hindi ako binitawan ni Mary Jane?"

We laughed, "yes, mahal ka kaya nung babaeng yun" I said.

"And I love her back, as much as I lobe you and the other girls" she said and I cried again.

"Tumigil ka na nga, USA is your home too. Mas madali tayong magmimeet if evern maligaw ka doon"

"Yes, dalawin mo ako kaagad" I said and she nodded.

"Pasok ka na, magpahinga ka, I'll call you when I get there, clear?"

"Yes boss" I said and she ruffled my hair, "I'm gonna miss you"

"I'm going to miss you too, now shoo shoo" she said and pushed me outside and I laughed while getting out.

"Good bye" she said

"Good bye" I said back and she drove away.

Nagstay muna ako sa labas ng mahigit thirty minutes para mawala yung pagmamaga ng mga mata ko, siguradong gigisain na naman ako nung mga boys kung mapapansin nilang umiyak ako.

I can't tell them about Renee, it's our little secret.

Does Bryce know? What if malalaman niya about Renee's engagement? Oh my gosh. It will break him.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

A FRIEND'S FAREWELLs-sD7